Dir, Group UW/Proposals
Salary Range: $115,000 - $235,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Worker Designation – This role is designated as a remote role. You will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. Although this role is designated as remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Acting as a Champion for Change
- Developing Talent
- Managing Performance
- Navigating Organizations
- Setting Objectives
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Broad knowledge of management concepts, operating principles, and methodologies applicable to client relationship management, and risk management; a high degree of skill in applying this knowledge to the analysis and resolution of very complex or sensitive operational issues; ability to apply new developments and methodologies to direct the improvement in efficiencies
- Broad knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory and industry requirements, standard concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to the insurance industry in general and to group underwriting specifically
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement, and minimize funds expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards; the ability to calculate the value/benefits that future state processes will bring to the business
- Strong project management, leadership, and practice development skills
- Advanced group health underwriting knowledge
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In business, finance, or a related field
- 10 years of professional job-related work experience, 5 years of management experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Master's Degree in a related field
- Less than or equal to 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the development of long-range visionary strategic plans for Group Underwriting and the Group Division overall; develops a cohesive cross-company product strategy for all lines of business; drives digital improvements for the department and ensures the successful product expansion for a competitive, digital delivery to the broker market
- Formulates strategies, plans, policies, and procedures based on operational analysis to maximize current operational efficiencies or to plan for large-scale operational changes; analyzes technology requirements and customer experience, finding best mix in terms of short-term cost, long-term operating effects and plans, service quality, and output requirements
- Assists with the development of long-range visionary strategic plans and annual budget for the division and ensures that operations are managed within authorized budgets; advises, consults, and coordinates activities with division management, other departments within the division, sales partners, and external customers
- Develops and reviews budgets, plans, and goals for the control of planned production, budget spending, labor efficiency, materials efficiency, quality, and human capital
- Broad market knowledge of current trends in underwriting practices, functional operations, and technology; directs and appraises performance of all operational functions for the departments; participates in key management activities and committees; maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility, advising division senior management accordingly
- Reviews and interprets performance against operating plans and standards for the division; provides information and reports to the team on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; presents monthly reports on performance, develops and presents matters requiring decisions to key management team for the division
- Develops an organizational framework and provides the necessary leadership to ensure the ongoing availability of a qualified and motivated staff to meet current needs and planned future growth
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $115,000 - $235,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, at least 10 days of prorated PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
Something looks off?