Mgr, PLADS Claims Operations
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. This is a remote role.
- This role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Acting as a Champion for Change
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Developing Talent
- Managing Performance
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Ability to be proactive
- Sense of Urgency
- Time Management Skills
- Ability to follow through with daily tasks
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 5+ years of claims industry experience
- 5+ years of Supervisory, Managerial, and / or leadership experience in claims adjudication or customer service
- 2+ years of experience managing relationships with clients and / or vendors
- 2+ years of experience managing budgets, process improvement and quality assurance
- Proficiency within Microsoft Excel (ability to create pivot tables, basic formulas, sorting, and read data)
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Operation Excellence (Six Sigma) experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions across one or more business units
- Manages day to day site operations and accountability for financial and non-financial results (budgets and actuals)
- Provides expertise or general claims support to teams in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing, and adjusting claims
- Attends/participates in select customer meetings as appropriate to discuss feedback and/or needed process enhancements
- Initiates and maintains partnerships with others throughout the organization
- Encourages cooperation by promoting common goals and building trust
- Inspires, supports, and initiates cross-functional activities
- Authorizes the appropriate payment or refers claims to investigators for further review
- Analyzes and identifies trends and provides reports as necessary
- Leads project management and implementation initiatives
- Supports employee development by conducting regularly scheduled 1x1s with direct reports
- Provides appropriate oversight to ensure team successfully achieves targets to meet performance guarantees
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.