To properly batch ingredients from a safety, quality and efficient perspective, while maintaining cleanliness of all equipment. Responsibilities
- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
- Must perform lockout tagout as required by company standards.
- Must have the ability to understand formulas, batch cards, specifications, and critical control points on all products manufactured.
- Must submit and check required batch samples to lab for analysis.
- Must be aware of all emergency stops and pinch points on processing equipment by air and electrical as well as proper lifting procedures of ingredient bags.
- Must be able to verify all ingredients at the beginning of batching, matching batch cards with correct product number for each product and annotate lot numbers and supplier names.
- Must be able to correctly identify all mix and hold tanks understanding all pipes and connections to and from all vessels including flow panels.
- Must be able to understand basic operation principles of Wilden pumps and PD pumps, troubleshooting and performing minor maintenance on them.
- Must be able to properly dismantle and assemble PD pumps to keep them operational, replacing piping gaskets and setting up piping for product runs.
- Must be able to identify and use all switches/valves to move product from one area to other areas as needed.
- Must be able to complete all paperwork fully and accurately along with analytical testing required to produce a high quality product within specification.
- Must have a good understanding of how to execute changeovers using guidelines specified.
- Must have working knowledge of the process flow systems with a good understanding of the equipment in the flow schematic.
- Must be able to adjust batches with Quality Assurance (QA) guidance to conform to target.
- Must be able to adhere to the Allergen Control policy and the Allergen Cross-Contact Prevention policy.
- Must be able to fully and accurately document batching on batch sheets as well as WIP traceability sheet, and all necessary paperwork.
- Must be able to disassemble production equipment: clean, rinse, and sanitize all product contact machinery utilizing proper cleaning utensils, chemicals and COP (Clean Out of Place) process. Equipment includes mix tanks, hold tanks, mixers, supply lines, overhead lines, PD Pumps and Wilden Pumps.
- Must be able to reassemble production equipment: clean, rinse, and sanitize all product contact machinery utilizing proper cleaning utensils, chemicals, and CIP (Clean In Place) process.
- Document completed work as required by the supervisor.
- Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Kneel or squat to retrieve ingredients.
- Reach and twist/turn to measure and add ingredients.
- Grip/grasp to open and carry boxes and bags.
- Safely hose down machines.
- Climb stairs involving 12-16 steps.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Stand/walk 7 or more hours per day.
- Continuously reach, bend, twist/turn, grip/grasp, and talk/hear.
- Continuously use eye/hand coordination.
- Constantly lift shears, knife, scoop, wrench, measuring cups weighing up to 5 lbs from floor to overhead.
- Constantly lift ingredient scoops weighing up to 25 lbs from floor to shoulder height.
- Constantly lift ingredients weighing up to 50 lbs from floor to shoulder height.
- Constantly carry ingredients weighing up to 25 lbs up to 20 feet.
- Frequently kneel/crawl, squat, and climb (stairs including 12-16 steps).
- Frequently use handling/fingering to adjust knobs, use hoses or tools.
- Frequently taste/smell.
- Frequently lift ingredient bags up to 50 lbs from floor to waist height.
- Frequently carry up to 5 lbs 75 feet.
- Frequently carry up to 50 lbs 20 feet.
- Occasionally use fine motor skills.
- Occasionally carry 50lbs up steps.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments.
- Occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally work with hand tools causing segmental vibration.
- Hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and uniform or smock.
- Nitrile gloves, plastic apron, plastic sleeves.
- Food safety knife, shears, measuring cups, scoops and small hand tools.
- Electric and manual pallet jacks.
- Lockout locks and tags.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
- Ability to use effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to use mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in accordance with production paperwork.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.'
Our Offer We offer our employees excellent working conditions, creative freedom, training programs and an attractive compensation package. Califormulations highly values sustainability and aims at providing feedback to your application as fast as possible. If you feel that you fit the above criteria, we kindly ask you to apply! Your application will be treated confidentially. Join us today!