EMT- FULL TIME
Four County Health & Rehabilitation
Join us at
– a place where you’ll be valued, recognized and rewarded for the vital work you do each day. We’ll surround you with a strong team and leadership that supports every aspect of your life – both inside and outside of our centers. And you’ll get to practice your passion in a non-profit, mission-driven organization that’s known for the highest level of care in our communities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Referral Bonus Program
· Paid Time Off
· 6 Paid Holidays
· Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
· 401(k) with match
- Promotes the image and reputation of the System by exhibiting servant leadership and providing direct and open lines of communication.
- Contributes to the work of committees, workgroups, project management, and other collaborative efforts of the System.
- Performs other duties as necessary to ensure the success of the System.
- Arrive for work at the designated station, rested and prepared to work the scheduled shift. If at any time the associate becomes unable to safely discharge the assigned duties during the shift, the associate is to immediately report this to the on duty EMS Field Supervisor.
- Report to assigned ambulance and insure it is fully stocked and fueled.
- Respond in the assigned response status to calls assigned by CMED or to the designated ambulance post to await further response assignments.
- Insure two way communication with CMED is maintained throughout shift.
- Must be prepared to respond to disaster and multi-casualty situations and work in austere climates and conditions.
- Conduct initial patient assessment and administer treatment in compliance with the current Georgia Scope of Practice for EMS Personnel for the EMT provider level.
- Assist crew member in safely lifting, packaging, moving, and transporting of the patient or patients to insure optimum patient care.
- Provide safe and efficient transport of the patient while constantly monitoring the patient and providing any appropriate continuing care within the scope of practice.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Provides orderly transfer of the patient to the receiving facility.
- Complete all required documentation prior to end of shift.
- Insure ambulance is clean and stocked for next oncoming shift prior to end of shift.
- Maintain compliance with the Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia:
- Official Code of Georgia Title 31, Chapter 11
- Rules and Regulations Chapter 511-9-2
- Maintain compliance with and adherence to the current Emergency Medical Services Protocols for Therapy approved by the EMS Medical Director.
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Talking: expressing and exchanging information and ideas by means of spoken word. This is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral info to patients and/or to general public and in those activities in which they must convey detailed and important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and quickly.
- Color vision: ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Spend time bending, twisting the body, kneeling, crouching, stooping, crawling, repetitive motions and using your hands to handle, control, feel objects, tools or controls.
- Lifting: must be able to successfully complete Post Offer Placement Exam and demonstrate ability to lift patient weighing 180 lbs. on stretcher, with assistance; must demonstrate ability to move patient weighing 180 lbs. from bed to stretcher, with assistance; must demonstrate ability to lift patient weighing 180 lbs. on stretcher, up three steps and down three steps, with assistance.
- Safely drive and maneuver ambulance in traffic during emergent and non-emergent responses.
- Proficiency in patient care skills as required by the Georgia Scope of Practice for EMS Personnel for the EMT provider level.
- Ability to follow orders from physician either by protocol or voice command.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Current licensure as a Georgia EMT.
- Minimum of 2 years as a licensed driver with a clear MVR.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with people, both internally and externally.
EEO / M / F / D / V / Drug Free Workplace