Medical Assistant Full Time
Assist Physician(s) in Clinic with patient care activities. Complete administrative duties as required.
- Familiarity with what the physician requires for a productive clinic.
- Review and maintain charts to ensure completeness/EMR guidelines w/reviewing clinicals.
- Escort patient from waiting area to triage area, ranging from those patients with full mobility to limited mobility.
- Constant monitoring of schedules and patient flow during clinic to ensure maximum efficiency/organization.
- Accompanies provider into the patient examination room in order to transcribe patient history and exams to accurately document the providers encounter with patient and others present.
- Accurately enter test and procedures as ordered by provider.
- Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner
- Accurately document patient information in EMR chart per physician dictation.
- Review initial vital signs evaluation to include any lab specimens
- Remove staples, sutures, and assist with minor surgical procedures as needed
- Assist with placement, removal, and instruction of DME devices such as splints, casting, immobilizers, braces, and bandages
- Clean and sterilize equipment using approved techniques
- Clean and stock exam rooms and change sheets on exam tables after each patient
- Communicate restrictions and instructions to patients
- Follow up calls to patients after surgery or other invasive procedure to document their progress
- Communication with outside facilities for scheduling tests or surgery to include having any necessary orders, pre-cert, or referral information ready
- Completion of insurance, disability, and FMLA forms in a timely manner
- Assist in administrative duties as required, to include but not limited to: collection of past due balances when scheduling surgery, check in/check out; scheduling appointments, procedures, and surgeries, pre-cert procedures, insurance verification, data entry, posting charges, and assisting secretaries.
Experience:Â Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or one year relevant experience required
Education:Â High School diploma or equivalent required.Â
- Must be able to accurately type 50 words per minute.
- Must be able to work independently and have working knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
- Knowledge of the health care field/medical specialty.
- Must maintain BLS certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Travel required
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.