Ultrasound Technologist PRN
Shift: This is a call position.
This is a technical position to operate diagnostic ultrasound equipment and perform ultrasound procedures on various anatomical internal organs, peripheral vessels, fluid accumulations, masses and developing fetuses. To report preliminary findings, measurements and diagnoses to the Radiologist. To record scanned ultrasound images and transfer to PACS for interpretation after checking image quality.Â In addition to scanning, the duties include chart review, maintaining data logs as required.Â Â Sonographers are expected to provide clinical information pertinent to the exams performed for the Radiologist.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform quality and timely routine diagnostic ultrasound studies and render accurate written summaries.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform quality vascular studies.
- Assist the radiologists and/or other physician during procedures by providing assistance with equipment and by providing adequate and appropriate supplies needed to complete the procedure.
- Participate in the care of the equipment by proper usage and storage of the probes, and maintaining the cleanliness of equipment.
- Complete and close out all procedures in the computer system daily.
Participate in “on-call” schedule as department needs. Must respond to initial call back within 30 minutes and arrive at hospital within 45 minutes
Experience: Six months of formal training that includes hands on clinical applications
Education: Graduate of School of Radiological Technology and/or an approved school for Diagnostic Ultrasound with a minimum of 6 months formal training in Ultrasound preferred.
- Must have or be eligible for Registry in Abdomen and OB ultrasound.Â
- Registry required within 2 years.
- BLS certification required
- Vascular registry preferred.Â
- Proficient in all areas of diagnostic ultrasound.Â ARDMS preferred.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.