Physical Therapist PRN
The purpose of the position is to facilitate and manage patient care duties following the guidelines established by the Alabama Physical Therapy State Practice Act, licensing board, and under the direction of and referral by a physician and to provide quality patient care according to the standards of the American Physical Therapy Association, appropriate to age and disability related to limitations in function and to document and perform charge related functions.Â
- Completion of patient evaluation and appropriate plan of care consistent with physician orders, third party payor requirements, and expectations of the patient.Â Perform patient treatments consistent with the care plan, skill level and within boundaries of the profession as outlined by practice act and APTA practice standards.
- Document all related information necessary for development of the treatment plan and daily treatments, proper ICD-9 and CPT coding, home exercise programs, patient education, physician reporting and discharge summaries.
- Direct and supervise treatment provided by support personnel.Â Provide accurate and timely reporting of charges consistent with documentation to the PT Technician.
- Manage and operate equipment safely and correctly.Â Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Assists in ordering supplies, maintains adequate PAR levels to assure all supplies and equipment is readily available.
- Meet deadlines effectively
- Complete age-specific competencies and able to demonstrate age-specific treatments
Experience:Â 1-2 years experience as a Physical Therapist in a hospital setting preferred.
Education:Â Baccalaureate (4-year) degree, Masters Degree or Doctorate Degree from a school or college approved by the American Physical Therapy Association & CAPTE.
Special Qualifications: Current AL license as a Physical Therapist required. Current BLS required.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.