Sr. Servicenow Developer/Administrator
NetImpact Strategies, Inc.
We have an opportunity for a Senior ServiceNow Developer to join our talented ServiceNow implementation practice supporting US Federal customers. We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate their ability to perform with agility and act with an understanding of the importance of the customer’s citizen-supporting mission.
The successful candidate will be fluent in ServiceNow development principles and best practices. They will work with key stakeholders to design and develop enterprise business solutions for the customer and serve as the key technical resource leading the configuration, development, support, and maintenance of a, custom-built ServiceNow application, and its associated modules. The candidate will effectively leverage the ServiceNow platform and their own expertise to implement enterprise business solutions for our customer. They will be a member of a cross-functional team responsible for enhancing the customer’s ServiceNow platform by providing development, administration, and support services for the ServiceNow custom scoped application. The successful candidate can effectively provide strategic and tactical support to clients, support multiple workstreams simultaneously, and adapt within a dynamic environment with agility.
Typical responsibilities include
- Developing enhancements and maintenance updates for a ServiceNow custom scoped application containing multiple modules and workflows
- Working with the Business Analyst to transform functional requirements into detailed technical designs that represent actionable development tasks
- Serving as the key technical resource leading the development of solutions in the client environment.
- Designing and developing solutions within the customer’s ServiceNow environment to include new features or modifications to applications, forms, workflow, policies, actions, access control, interfaces and any other customization required to support client processes
- Designing and developing ServiceNow Service Portal interfaces including Widget design and development
- Providing platform administration support for the customer’s ServiceNow environment (Dev, Test, Prod)
- Supporting application users with end-user support, and troubleshooting of platform and application issues
- Providing advanced support for ServiceNow by troubleshooting a variety of difficult software problems, implementing bug fixes, and performing root cause analysis
- Collaborating with project team concerning strategies and managing all technical aspects of platform version upgrades and patches
- Maintaining production system reliability through utilization of change management process
- Preparing client facing and internal documents for contract deliverables
- Monitoring performance, usage, and overall compliance of the application
- Generating operational reports and KPI analysis as needed
- BS/BA in a related field (Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Business Management preferred)
- ServiceNow Application Developer and/or Implementation Specialist Certification
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct development experience with the ServiceNow platform
- In-depth knowledge of ServiceNow administration and development, security, data management, and integrations
- Experience with implementation of ServiceNow, working with core ITSM processes, as well as other applications as they relate to ServiceNow platform capabilities
- Demonstrated expertise with ServiceNow APIs and integration
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions consistent with architectural standards and ServiceNow best practices
- Must be eligible to meet government suitability requirements
- Experience as a ServiceNow Developer or ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator - Paris or later
- Previous experience configuring and customizing all aspect of ServiceNow, including: Service Portal, Custom SP Widget Design, UI Actions, UI Policy, UI Pages, Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, Catalog Client Scripts, Catalog UI Policies, Email Scripts, Scripted Web Services, Rest and SOAP web services, Roles / Groups to name a few