Application Engineer (2 Positions Available)
Starrett-Bytewise Measurement Systems is a growing company that is an industry leader in designing and building precision, laser-based, non-contact measurement equipment. We are seeking qualified individuals for an Application Engineer position based in Columbus, GA. The candidate will be working as part of a small team of engineers responsible for understanding customer processes and requirements, developing improvements to our industrial measurement systems, and ensuring our products deliver value to the customer. The ideal candidate will have broad understanding of the extrusion process, fundamental knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and software engineering, and strong inter-personal skills.
- Be the technical expert for assigned product lines with comprehensive understanding of the mechanical, electrical, and software components and their interactions.
- Interact with customers, Product Managers, and Sales to ensure customer needs are met.
- Compile bills of material to support custom projects.
- Perform quality control functions for assigned customer orders certifying equipment adheres to strict accuracy requirements.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with customers to confirm systems are used to their fullest potential and are meeting the customers’ needs.
- Work with the Technical Engineering group to devise, develop, and field new products and existing product improvements.
- Travel to customer locations to conduct installations, training, repairs, demonstrations, and other business meetings.
- As needed, provide phone and internet-based support to our customers.
- Schedule and track all travel arrangements for your assigned projects.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner to ensure service needs are met.
- Provide written post-trip service and expense reports as required.
- Must maintain valid Driver’s License and U.S. passport.
- Excellent spoken and written English is required, other language skill is beneficial.
Job will most often be performed in an office environment, however, this job will also require work in our production workshop and regular visits to our customers’ manufacturing facilities. The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would frequently be required to maintain a stationary position, move through a light industrial facility, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to have manual dexterity to operate computers, equipment, and other tools required on the job.
Candidates should have the desire to learn and apply new technologies and enthusiasm for solving technical challenges. Qualified candidates will have strong problem solving, multi-tasking, inter-personal, organization, time management, and written and verbal communication skills. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.
Education: B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Industrial, or Systems Engineering or similar technical degree
Salary: Commensurate with education, experience, and skill set.
Benefits: Includes 401-k with employer matching, employee stock purchase plan, health and disability insurance plan, profit sharing, etc.
Travel: Up to 40% domestic and international including frequent overnight travel with rare extended trips up to a few weeks
Start Date: ASAP
Starrett-Bytewise is a division of The L.S. Starrett Company. Our new office is located in vibrant “Uptown” Columbus, GA (www.uptowncolumbusga.com). Our product line can be seen at www.starrett.com/bytewise.
Please Send Resume To: