Sr Mgr, Corporate Finance
Salary Range: $80,000 - $185,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Acting as a Champion for Change
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Developing Talent
- Managing Performance
What will you be doing in this role?
- Strong finance and accounting skills
- Strong leadership, team-building and talent development skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- High proficiency and experience in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint, with advanced Excel modeling experience
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Ability to communicate results to senior management effectively
- Strong understanding of common financial reports and financial metrics
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal/external customers and senior management
- Knowledge of employee relations to conduct and deal with employee issues in a proactive manner
- Basic understanding of investment grade debt issuance and interest rate swap analysis
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field
- Ten years of experience in treasury, banking, or corporate finance
- Five years of experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to and develops global capital markets strategy for Aflac related to accessing global debt capital markets and managing foreign exchange risk, including planning and execution
- Identifies opportunities and strategies relative to Aflac's FX risk profile to mitigate risk and lower costs
- Oversees and performs sensitivity FX and interest rate analysis on status quo and pro-forma derivative portfolios
- Assists in negotiating ISDA/CSA documents with counter parties
- Assists in debt raising and credit facility analysis and execution, including terms, due diligence, internal communication, and related activities
- Develops and leverages internal partnerships with FP&A, Tax, Legal, Financial Reporting, Accounting Policy, Investor and Rating Agency Relations, etc. and external partnerships with counsel, banks, accounting firms, and networks to maximize the achievement of team and corporate goals
- Leads corporate finance modeling, liquidity, and capital structure optimization analysis and clearly communicates analysis and recommendations to senior management
- Supports strategic analysis, financial modeling, reporting on derivative activity, reporting on capital markets activity, and approval requests for capital markets activity for Aflac's leadership team, both on a recurring and ad hoc basis
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $185,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, at least 10 days of prorated PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
Something looks off?