W.C. Bradley Farms is looking for a talented Sous Chef to join their team! The Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef in daily operations of the kitchen, to include inventory, purchasing supplies, and cost control. Oversees the activities of the kitchen staff and monitors food production and presentation in the absence of the Executive Chef. Coordinates and participates in the activities of training and managing personnel in the kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares and cooks meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables, and other foods
• May be responsible for cleaning, maintenance of the kitchen area and cooking equipment
• Maintain grocery inventory
• Assists in preparing meals on time as requested by guests
• Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
• Manage the kitchen team in the Executive Chef’s absence
• Adhere to and implement sanitation and safety regulations
• Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree a Plus
Minimum Work Experience: Three (3+) years of experience as a Sous Chef
License(s) / Certification(s): None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices
• Thorough and Organized
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness
Represents the appropriate physical requirements of the job in the course of the work.
For employment within the United States, the W.C. Bradley Co. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
The W.C. Bradley Co. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with the W.C. Bradley Co. and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 706.571.6080 or visit us at 1017 Front Avenue, Columbus, GA 31902.