Credit and Collections Analyst
Responsible for enforcement of credit guidelines, performing collection activities on accounts as required, collection and reconciliation of past due accounts, and working with customers to resolve past due Account Receivable balances and invalid account disputes. Facilitate collection negotiations, customer account reconciliations, manage requests made by internal and external customers for information or assistance, and facilitating collections of outstanding receivables to achieve Company goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the cash application process; process bank documents; reconcile accounts receivable as well as bad debt accounts.
- Evaluate customer credit worthiness for extending credit and propose credit limits; review and process Letters of Credit.
- Utilize appropriate collection methods and protocols to motivate delinquent customers to pay past due balances; communicate and enforce credit policy with customers.
- Ensure customer disputes and deductions are resolved in a timely manner; maintain documentation and notes regarding credit and collection activities.
- Research, refute, or otherwise appropriately address invoice deductions and compliance fines from customers; collect on refuted deductions and fines.
- Monitor customer accounts for shipment releases based on account status, company credit policy, and established terms of payment.
- Complete administrative tasks associated with assigned accounts, including but not limited: order releases, ISO hold releases, process credit applications, trade reference request, etc.
- Maintain and manage an appropriate level of communication with internal departments (i.e., Sales, Logistics, and Finance).
- Provide regular reports to management as deemed appropriate; prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as request by management.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- High School Diploma or completion of GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field of study is preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressive credit, cash application, and/or collections experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of cash application, collections, and credit standards of practice.
- Strong knowledge of business math.
- Strong proficiency using a Personal Computer (PC) to include Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency using financial management software and solutions (i.e., SAP).
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability establish and maintain effective professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Customer service skills and the ability to remain focused on maintaining a rapport with customers of mutual respect.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to maintain information in a well-organized and easily understood manner.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally.
- Ability to regularly demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
Normal Office Environment.
For employment within the United States, the W.C. Bradley Co. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
The W.C. Bradley Co. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with the W.C. Bradley Co. and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 706.571.6080 or visit us at 1017 Front Avenue, Columbus, GA 31902.