Assistant Property Manager
This position assists the property management team in overseeing the day-to-day operations for a property or portfolio of properties. Assist in coordinating routine and emergency maintenance. Tracks budgets, administers leasing, and responds to tenant complaints and requests ensuring efficient management and maintenance. This role requires a thorough understanding of property management practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the leasing process, including screening applicants and conducting property tours.
• Communicates effectively with tenants and address their concerns promptly.
• Communicates with necessary team members to ensure all requests are addressed and processed in a timely manner.
• Assists with move ins and move outs. Assists with Evictions
• Coordinates maintenance and repair activities.
• Conducts regular property inspections to identify and address maintenance issues.
• Receives and manages all resident calls (i.e., repairs, replacements, renewals, etc.)
• Communicates with maintenance team to ensure that all work orders are completed and ensures data is accurately entered into the work order database in a timely manner.
• Participates in annual budget preparation.
• Manages the collection process and record rent payments, fees, and other financial transactions.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of tenant leases, agreements, insurance and other records as required.
• Coordinates with property manager and leasing agents in negotiating and leasing of new and existing units and in lease preparations including all aspects from the initial marketing through the actual leasing of the property.
• Works closely with property management staff to ensure seamless operations.
• Supports the Property Manager in implementing policies and procedures.
• Coordinates events and activities at various properties, as needed. Events may range from appreciation luncheons to full scale property parties/ celebrations.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
Minimum Education: Associates Degree in Real Estate, Business Administration or Marketing required, equivalent/related coursework without degree will be considered.
Minimum Work Experience: Two (2) to four (4) years of professional proven experience in property management and/or a related role. Some prior experience in working with budgets or in project analysis is preferred.
License(s) / Certification(s):
• Certification in Property Management (desired)
• Real Estate License (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong knowledge of property laws and regulations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in property management software.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
• Understanding of basic accounting and financial principals.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to function with little direct supervision.
• Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
Represents the appropriate physical requirements of the job in the course of the work.
For employment within the United States, the W.C. Bradley Co. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
The W.C. Bradley Co. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with the W.C. Bradley Co. and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 706.571.6080 or visit us at 1017 Front Avenue, Columbus, GA 31902.