Adjunct Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Instructor
Chattahoochee Valley Community College
Effective date: June 13, 2023
- 1.Introduction; Scope of this Policy.
- 2.Where We Are a Service Provider.
- 3.Personal Data We Collect About You and Why.
- 4.Information We Disclose.
- 5.Cookies and similar Tracking Technologies; “Do Not Track”.
- 6.Overview of Your Data Rights.
- 7.Your California Privacy Rights.
- 8.Your Nevada Privacy Rights.
- 9.Your Rights and Control under EU GDPR.
- 10.Data Security and Integrity.
- 11.Retention and Removal.
- 12.Information on Children.
- 13.Right to Revise.
- 14.Contact Details.
- 15.Privacy Contacts.
Introduction; Scope of this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to (1) personal data controlled by our Customers (employers that utilize our Services, described further below); (2) personal data collected by unaffiliated sites that link to or are accessible from our Services; (3) personal data our partners may collect directly from you and control; (4) personal data collected and processed by us about our employees or job applicants responding to our job offers; and, (5) non-personal data derived from personal data, including any data that is aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized, statistical data, insights, or other predictive data that is sufficiently different from your personal data that it cannot be reversed engineered through reasonable means, or otherwise identified from analysis or further processing of the derived data (collectively referred to as the “Platform Data”). We use Platform Data to provide Customers with useful and relevant insights, build features and data services, and improve our Services.
We are the controller for the personal data discussed in this Policy, except as noted in the “Where We Are a Service Provider” section below.
Where We Are a Service Provider
Our Customers are organizations such as federal, state, local, tribal, or other municipal government agencies (including administrative agencies, departments, and offices thereof), private businesses, and educational institutions (including without limitation K-12 schools, colleges, universities, and vocational schools), who use our Services to evaluate job applicants and manage their relationship with their personnel. When we provide our Services to our Customers, the Customer generally controls and manages the personal data, and we process personal data as a data processor or service provider. Our legal obligations as a processor and service provider are set out in our Customer contracts and policies.
Where we serve as a data processor, our Customer contracts and policies require us to either instruct you to contact our Customer, or redirect your inquiry to our Customer.
Personal Data We Collect About You and Why.
In this Section we set out general categories of personal data we may collect and the purpose for using your personal data, including the personal data collected and processed over the past year. We collect and process personal data to provide you the Services, fulfill our contractual responsibility to deliver the Services to our Customers, fulfill your requests, and pursue our legitimate interests and our business and commercial purposes. We also automatically collect data during your usage and collect other personal data about you from other sources. Your personal data will only be collected and used for purposes stated herein, where you provide additional consent, or as required by law or regulation - including national security or law enforcement requirements.
Information Provided by You.
We collect personal data from you directly when you visit our Services from either your computer, mobile phone, or other device, attend one our events, or communicate with our personnel. The categories of personal data we collect from you, including over the past year, involve the following:
|Types of Personal Data||Why the Personal Data is collected|
|Identification, account, and contact data, including your name, username and password, professional or personal email address, professional or personal telephone phone number, and account preferences.|| |
Profile and employment data including your name, professional or personal postal address, professional or personal e-mail or telephone number, employer name and location, job title or area of expertise, work experience and performance data, search history, job interest cards, education history, skills, certificates, and licenses.
We may collect age, gender, ethnicity, race, marital or other status, and in some cases, data related to your personal health, emergency contacts, biometric data when using our mobile app or time clocks, financial account data, and state issued identifiers such as driver’s ID and social security number. Some of our Customers are required to collect this personal data by law. We also collect any other supplemental personal data added at your discretion or requested by our Customer, including answers to minimum quality questions, and status of background checks or assessment tests.
|Communications and publication data including communication content within emails, phone and other voice recordings, online forms, chats, forums including our Customer Community, date and time of the communication, and the communication method.|| |
|Contact preferences data including marketing content preferences, and the status of whether you opted-out of our marketing notices.|| |
|Transaction and billing data including the Service purchased, billing details, financial data corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card or a bank account number).|| |
You may voluntarily submit other personal data to us through our Services that we do not request and are not required for the relevant data processing activity. In such instances, you are solely responsible for such personal data.
Information Collected Automatically.
With the help of our Service Providers, we also automatically collect personal data about you and your device and how you interact with our Services. Categories of personal data collected automatically include the following:
|Types of Personal Data||Why the Personal Data is collected|
Usage data including Services you purchase, IP address, webpages visited, what you click on, features you use, how often and when you use features, location of usage, jobs performed, Service configurations, browser type and version, error logs, and e-mails you view; and,
Device data including device address or other unique device identifying numbers, type of device, software and hardware attributes, your operating system, system and performance data, and mobile application permissions including cellular data, geolocation, access to photos, camera, calendars, and reminders.
|Location data including your device’s location through data that indicates a country, state, city or postal code, and in certain instances, by tracking the latitude and longitude of your IP address, Wi-Fi address, or device.|| |
|Log and other automatic data collection including data about the nature of each access, IP address, ISP, files viewed, content changes in certain cases, operating systems, device type and timestamps, pages you view, links you click, browser type, access times, and addresses of websites you were on just before you arrived on our Website.|| |
|Cookies, pixel tags (“web beacons”), and embedded scripts within our communications and on our Services to collect data related to usage, location, device and logs.|| |
Information from Other Sources.
We also receive your personal data described in this policy from third party sources, including from your employer (our Customer), third party companies we purchase personal data, partners, including partners listed on our Marketplace, and co-organizers and sponsors for our events and webinars.
Partners. We collect and use personal data originally collected by partners for joint product and marketing opportunities. For example, we receive profile data about the status of background checks and assessments you participate in, updates from payment processors regarding your purchases, receipts and analytics for text communications and emails you send and receive, or other profile data from integrated systems employers choose to connect with our Services. If you sign into our Services with Facebook or other single sign on services, we import the requested data from your account.
Data brokers. We purchase additional contact data to supplement and correct the contact and employment data we collect, including your name, professional or personal email address, professional or personal telephone phone number, employer name and location, job title or area of expertise.
Public sources. We collect personal data from publicly accessible websites and government sources, including your name, email address, and other profile data such as job title, employer name, and professional expertise.
Information Collected When Using the PowerLine Application
Our purpose in providing the PowerLine Application (“App”) is very simple: to help you maximize your mental wellbeing. Our commitment to protecting your privacy while using the App comes from a deep awareness of the sensitivity of information regarding one’s mental wellbeing. If your employer has sponsored your access to our App, we will only collect from you the minimum personal information necessary to set up your initial access to the App (name, email address). Thereafter, your access to and use of the App will be anonymous and will not be tracked. In this way, we can protect your privacy while helping you manage your health.
Anonymous Data refers to data that by itself does not permit the identification of a specific individual. We collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with the App. We may collect the following types of Anonymous Data when you use the App:
- Measurement data produced by the Apps. We may collect the Apps version, device hardware model, device operating system (OS) version, language and region settings, or timestamp.
- Apps crash reports. When the App crashes, we may collect information relating to the crash including device state, device hardware model, device OS version, and software processes that triggered the crash.
- Apps usage and interactions. We may collect statistics about the behavior of users of the App to understand how they interact with the App and for error reporting.
Information We Disclose.
We share personal data with other parties for the purposes stated herein or as required by law. The following categories are the entities we’ve shared personal data with, including over the past year.
We disclose personal data to our Customers (your current or potential employer) that utilize our services. For instance, when a job applicant responds to a job posting, we will share your personal data with the employer in order to facilitate the job search and hiring process. If your current or former employer uses one of our Services, personal data you input into those Services is accessible by that employer’s end users - subject to the security and access controls set up by the employer. In addition, if you sign up for an Access membership, we may share your personal data with Customers and their designated agents for recruitment purposes or to demonstrate to Customers or potential Customers products designed to enhance their recruitment capabilities. You may cancel your Access membership at any time.
To Service Providers.
We share personal data with services providers to provide services on our behalf. For instance, we use service providers to facilitate our support services, data security, email, web hosting, research and analytics, data enrichment services, deliver and help us track our marketing and advertising content, process credit card payments, deliver payroll processing and disbursements, coordinate our customer conferences, and manage our sales and customer relations.
We share personal data with analytics and advertising companies that may act as our processor and a controller in other instances. We work with other entities to perform research, under controls that are designed to protect your privacy. We publish or allow others to publish insights, presented as either aggregated, anonymized, de-identified, or non-personal data.
If you download or access content on our Services or attend an event or webinar we host or co-host, we may share your personal data with sponsors of the event or webinar. The sponsor may also be a controller of your personal data in this instance, and processing of your personal data will be subject to the sponsors’ privacy statements as well.
To other parties when you give your consent.
We may also share personal data where you provide your consent or post your personal data publicly. Where required by law, additional consent is obtained before personal data is transferred to us or forwarded to other parties. For example, we share personal data with background check providers if a job applicant consents and we are instructed to do so by our Customers.
During your use of the Services, you may have the opportunity to visit or link to other websites, including websites by third parties unaffiliated with us. We have no relationship or control over unaffiliated websites. These websites might collect personal data about you, and you should review the privacy policies of such other websites to see how they treat your personal data.
To other third parties where required by law.
We also share personal data or data in order to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, investigate violations and enforce policies, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public, protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person; and where disclosure is necessary for establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or where there is reasonable belief that disclosure is required by law or regulations.
Mergers, Acquisitions, Dissolutions, Affiliates.
We may transfer or disclose personal data to another entity who acquires or may acquire any or all of our business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or bankruptcy. We disclose personal data to our affiliates with our Customers’ consent in order to facilitate any Service transition or implementation services.
Cookies and similar Tracking Technologies; “Do Not Track”.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser and device you use to access our Services. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Authentication to identify you when you visit our Services, as you navigate our Services, to confirm whether you are currently logged in, and determine if an occurrence affects you.
- Metrics to determine how you use the Services, what features you utilize and how often, how much time you spend on the Services and features, and other details about the hiring and HR process. This data is aggregated and anonymized.
- Personalization to store information about your preferences and personalize our Services to you, including to supply Customers with details about their hiring processes, and provide job recommendations to job applicants and Customers based on their past interest.
- Security to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials and to protect our Services generally.
- Advertising and feedback to determine whether our advertising and feedback inquiries are received, opened, if the content or campaign is effective, and to provide you more specific content about Services we or our partners offer.
- Analysis to help us analyze the use and performance of our Services, and display different versions of features or content, all of which helps us determine what parts of our Services need improvement and which ones you enjoy most (which may include marketing content).
- Google Analytics and Adsense to analyze the use of our Services and publish advertisements. Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet. You may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
Other data gathering mechanisms, such as web beacons, HTML Storage Objects, and web tags, are used by us and our service providers to gather more specific data on your use. A web beacon (also called a web bug or clear GIF) is a graphic on a webpage or in an email message that is designed to monitor who is reading the page or message. Web beacons are often invisible because they are typically only 1-by-1 pixel in size. Web beacons are often used alongside cookies to track activity. Web beacons may be used to add data to a profile about a site visited, provide an independent accounting of how many people have visited a website, gather statistics about usage, among other things. HTML Storage Objects are program code that collects data about your activity on our Services. The HTML is temporarily downloaded onto your device while you are connected to our Online Services.
Overview of Your Data Rights.
Your data rights for personal data where we are the data controller.
You can review and enforce your personal data rights through your account, communications you receive from us, third party mechanisms, or with the assistance of our support team using the emails at the end of this Policy. For instance, you can:
- Place limits on which Customers can preview your profile by logging into your account on https://www.governmentjobs.com and going to your account settings. Job applicants can utilize similar privacy controls on a per Customer basis in each Career Page account created.
- Correct inaccurate personal data about you where permitted under certain circumstance by modifying or deleting personal data within your account by logging in to your applicable account and following the prompts to either “update my profile” or “delete my profile.”
- Change your communication preferences or unsubscribe from a notification by following instructions contained within the notification itself (if applicable), your account settings, using your email provider preferences, or contacting us. For text message notification you can reply with “OPTOUT” to stop receiving texts.
- Send valid requests to restrict or limit our use of your personal data to support by contacting us at the privacy support emails listed at the end of this Policy.
- Invoke your right to withdraw your consent at any time (where processing is based on your consent) by using the privacy controls in your settings, within certain contacts you receive, by deleting personal data within your Profile, or by deleting your account.
- Delete data within your job applicant profile or delete your job applicant account (subject to permitted exceptions) by either following the prompts to delete within your account, or contacting our support team. If you are a job applicant and you delete your account, your profile data will be removed from our job applicant server; however, deleting your account will not remove applications you previously submit to employers.
Your data rights for personal data you submit to our Customers.
Upon making your personal data available to an employer (our Customer), your personal data may be controlled by our Customer. In this regard, we are a data processor for personal data Customers maintain have us process, and your data rights are subject to our Customers’ internal policies. For these reasons, we are not in a position to directly handle data requests for personal data controlled by Customers. You should contact the Customer regarding personal data they may hold about you and to exercise any data rights you may have. We will cooperate with such inquiry in line with applicable law and our contractual obligations with the Customer.
If you are a California resident, you have the additional data rights listed below. You can exercise some of these rights by utilizing the prompts within messages we send you within your account settings, or within the privacy settings on our web pages. Otherwise, you are also able to exercise these rights by contacting our support team using the privacy support emails listed at the end of this Policy. Please note, if we cannot verify your identity we may deny certain data right requests. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf, but we require written proof of the agent’s permission and verify your identity directly.
|California Privacy Right||How we fulfill your California Privacy Right|
|Right to notice of what categories of personal data and sensitive data is collected about you, the business or commercial purpose of collection, and access to such data.|| |
We’ve provided details on what personal data is collected about you for our business purposes in the “Personal Data We Collect About You and Why” section of this policy, or you can also receive this information by contacting us. However, to ensure compliance with CCPA, the following categories of personal data as defined by the CCPA have been collected over the past year:
You can print a copy of your Profile personal data using your web browser and download your attachments at any time by logging into your account and following the download process. Any further data access requests can be directed to us at the privacy support emails listed at the end of this Policy.
|Right to know who we share your data with||We share your information with others for legitimate business purposes. See the “Information We Disclose” section of this Policy for additional details.|
|Right to opt out of sale (“Do Not Sell My Information”)|| |
To the extent you had previously opted in to sharing your information by signing up for an Access membership and you later opt out, your data will still be available solely with respect to the communications with prospective employers initiated through your Access membership prior to opt-out.
We allow select companies to place tracking technologies like cookies on our sites, which allow those companies to receive information about your activity on our Services. The companies may use that data to serve you more relevant ads on our sites or others. Sharing data for online advertising like this may be considered a “sale” of personal data. California consumers have a right to opt-out of these sales. You have control over whether these technologies work on your devices. You can disable them using browser Do Not Track features or Cookie Settings provided by us.
|Right to delete certain personal data|| |
You have the right to request deletion of your data unless an exception applies. Upon a verified and permissible request where no exception applies, we will delete your personal data where we are a controller, and instruct applicable service providers to do the same.
|Right to non-discrimination||We do not discriminate against you in response to a request for the exercise of any of your rights.|
|Right to have an authorized agent exercise your rights on your behalf.||We will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and will verify your identity directly.|
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California customers to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request please send a letter to: Governmentjobs.com, Inc., 2120 Park Place, Suite 100, El Segundo, CA 90245, United States Attn: Privacy Department. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note Governmentjobs is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided mail address.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights.
A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal data for monetary consideration. We do not currently sell personal data as defined under Nevada law. If you want to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us at the privacy support emails listed at the end of this Policy.
Your Rights and Control under EU GDPR.
Data Controllers and Processors.
EU Data Subject Rights.
Data subjects in Europe whose personal data we receive through appropriate safeguards have legal rights to determine whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. In particular, your rights may include:
- Data Access, the right to access personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Restrict Processing.
- Right of Rectification, the right to correct or update your personal data.
- Right to be Forgotten, the right to delete your personal data.
- Right to Object to Processing on the basis of our legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw Consent.
- Data Portability Rights, the right to receive a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you (“Automated Decision-Making”).
- Right to complain to a regulator or data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data.
Some of these rights may be subject to exception and limitation. In any case, we will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time but no later than within 30 days of receiving a request. To request to exercise your rights, you may contact us at any of the privacy support emails listed at the end of this Policy. Some of the rights are complex, and you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights. You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
Lawful Basis for Processing.
For personal data subject to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation and ePrivacy Directive, we rely on multiple legal bases for processing, including:
Consent. In certain cases, we ask you for your consent to process your personal data, for instance, for certain marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent at any time; however, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. You can withdraw your consent by using the prompts within the messages you receive, the settings within your account, or by contacting our support using any of the privacy support emails listed at the end of this Policy.
Legitimate Interest. We process certain personal data for our legitimate interests. These legitimate interests include contacting you to provide support or sending you marketing information (subject to applicable law); detecting, preventing, and investigating illegal activities and potential security issues; and maintaining and improving our Services. We will balance our interests, the purpose and necessity of processing, and the rights and risks to you before we process for legitimate interests.
Performance of a Contract We process personal data to perform our obligations under an agreement with you or our Customers. For example, we use payment information you provide when you purchase a Service.
Other Legal Bases. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as in response to a court or regulator order. We also may need to process your personal data to protect vital interests, or to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling.
We use an automated chat bot within some of our Services to screen your requests and questions. The purpose of the automated chat bot is to fulfill frequently asked questions provided by our users, tag the requests and questions to route to our most appropriate contact, and improve our responses and Services. The chat bot is not fully automated and will not have a legal or significant impact on you.
For personal data transferred from the European Union, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, we will provide appropriate safeguards, such as through use of standard contractual clauses.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Data Security and Integrity.
We implement physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to maintain data accuracy, integrity, and security, prevent unauthorized access, and facilitate correct use of personal data. Our security measures take into account the risk of harm to you and Customers, as well as the availability of technology, industry common practices, effectiveness of mitigation controls, and the sustainability of those controls by us.
Although we maintain the controls listed herein, transmission of data is not without risk and we complete security of your personal data cannot be guaranteed. Please note, you are responsible for keeping your login credentials secret at all times, including your username and password.
In the event we believe the security of your personal data in our possession or control may be compromised, we may seek to notify you by e-mail and you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
Retention and Removal.
For personal data we determine the purposes for and means by which it is processed, such personal data will not be kept for longer than necessary for the original purpose of collection, when no longer relevant, or upon permissible request. When the original purpose no longer exists, we will either delete or anonymize, or de-identify your personal data (subject to applicable law) or, if this is not possible, we will securely store your personal data until deletion is possible. Your personal data will be appropriately disposed in a manner designed to ensure it cannot be reconstructed or read. If you are a job applicant, after your account has been closed, we may retain Platform Data as permitted by law.
Where our Customer is the controller of your personal data, our retention policies and procedures are designed to allow Customers to comply with their own record retention requirements. If you are a job applicant that deletes your profile with us, your personal data will be removed, anonymized, or de-identified with our job applicant database; however, your data may persist within the applications you previously submit to our Customers until Customer disposal. Job applicants should contact the Customer they sent the application to if they seek enforcement of eligible data rights in that application.
Information on Children.
These Services are not directed at children under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal data from a person under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete the personal data from our records. If you believe that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 without parental consent, you may report this to us using any of the privacy support emails listed at the end of this Policy.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old, you have the right to remove personal data you have posted to our Services. Please contact us using any of the privacy support emails listed at the end of this Policy, and describe what personal data you’ve posted that you now want removed. We will use reasonable efforts to remove such personal data in compliance with the law and our other obligations stated herein. We do not sell the personal data of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization from either the consumer who is at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age.
Right to Revise.
We reserve the right to revise our Policy to reflect changes in our online information practices or to comply with the law by publishing a new version on our website. In circumstances where we materially change the way in which we collect or use personal data, we materially change the terms of this Policy, or where personal data is no longer used consistently with a previously named purpose, we will provide notice and publish the new version on our website. You should periodically check this page to remind yourself of the rights herein.
This website is owned and operated by Governmentjobs.com, Inc. (DBA “NEOGOV”). Our principal place of business is at 2120 Park Place, Suite 100, El Segundo, CA 90245, United States. You can contact us by email, telephone, or regular mail using the contact information listed herein.
If at any time you have questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to e-mail us at the appropriate contact relative your jurisdiction:
Users who have a visual disability may be able to use a screen reader or other text-to-speech tool to review the contents of this Policy. If you experience any difficulties assessing the information here or you wish to obtain a copy of this Policy, please contact us using the details above.
Effective date: November 10, 2022
Governmentjobs.com, Inc. D/B/A NEOGOV on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries PowerDMS, Inc., Cuehit, Inc., Ragnasoft LLC (D/B/A/ PlanIT Schedule), and Design PD, LLC (D/B/A Agency360) (referred to as “NEOGOV”, “Company,” “we”, “our”, or “us”) offers proprietary web-based software-as-a-service applications, including via mobile applications (collectively, the “SaaS Applications”), and maintains various websites under its control, including www.neogov.com, www.neoed.com, www.powerdms.com, www.governmentjobs.com and www.schooljobs.com and the subdomains and subdirectories of each as well as any website applications, content or functionality offered on or through the foregoing (collectively, the “Websites” and together with the SaaS Applications, the “Services”).
Eligibility.These Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with us. Otherwise, you must not access or use the Services. In addition, we are based in the state of California in the United States. The Services can be accessed from certain countries around the world. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Access to the Services from territories where the Services are illegal is prohibited. You acknowledge that you remain responsible at all times for your compliance with U.S. and all applicable export and related statutes and regulations.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information, as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information.
As between you and others (including Customers), your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by a Customer for you to use, the Customer has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service.
Our rights to use and disclose your feedback shall survive termination.
● Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
● You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
● If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- Trademarks. “NEOGOV,” “NEOED”, “Governmentjobs.com,” “Schooljobs.com,” “PowerDMS,” and certain other names or logos are our trademarks, and all related product and service names, design marks, and slogans are our trademarks or service marks, excluding the marks of our partners. You must not use such marks without our prior written permission. We also retain the rights in the designated color schemes and column names provided within the Services. The “look” and “feel” of the Services (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design, and all other graphical elements not uploaded or implemented by Customers) are also our trademarks or copyrights.
- Submit or post anything to the Services that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code.
- Create a false identity as a user of the Services, misrepresent your identity, create a profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), post any incomplete, false, or inaccurate résumé information or information which is not your own accurate résumé, or use or attempt to use another’s account.
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of a Customer);
- Reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, license, transfer, sell or transmit or make copies of any NEOGOV Content or materials from the Services or modify, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or sublicense the Services.
- Delete or alter any legal notices, copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover or directly access the source code or any underlying ideas or algorithms of any portions of the Services or any underlying software or component thereof
- Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Services or any services or materials available through the Services (except on behalf of a Customer for internal business use).
- Reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Services or the NEOGOV Content in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits NEOGOV, or that interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any transaction being conducted on the Services, or with any other person’s use of the Services.
- Violate the intellectual property rights of NEOGOV or of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. For example, copying or distributing (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission.
Further, you agree not to use the Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- For the unlawful use of any personally identifiable information of other users of which you may be exposed to.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
- To send unsolicited mail or email, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited texts, tweets or faxes promoting and/or advertising products or services to any user, or contact any users that have specifically requested not to be contacted by you.
- To respond to any employment opportunity for any reason other than to apply for the job.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm NEOGOV or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
- To use any “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Services or any NEOGOV Content, or to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Services.
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Service, or any other systems or networks connected to the Services or to any NEOGOV server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Services, by hacking or any other illegitimate means.
- To scan or test the vulnerability of the Services or any network connected to the Services, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Services or any network connected to the Services.
- To take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Services or NEOGOV’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Services, or to NEOGOV or interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- To attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack including via means of overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing,”.
- To access the Services in order to build, assist, or facilitate the assembly of a competitive product or service, to build a product using similar ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the System, or to copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the Services
If your use of the Services requires you to comply with industry-specific regulations applicable to such use, you will be solely responsible for such compliance. You may not use the Services in a way that would subject NEOGOV to those industry-specific regulations without obtaining NEOGOV’s prior written agreement, such as using the Services to collect, protect, or otherwise handle “protected health information” (as defined in 45 C.F.R. §160.103 under United States federal regulations).
Your level of access should be limited to ensure your access is no more than necessary to perform your legitimate tasks or assigned duties. If you believe you are being granted access that you should not have, you must immediately notify NEOGOV.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination. You agree that we may monitor the Services to (1) comply with any applicable laws, regulations, or other government requests, (2) operate the Services or to protect our interests and those of our users and members, and (3) for such other purposes as we may deem reasonably necessary or appropriate from time to time. More specifically, we have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions (as defined below) for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Content Standards. These Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of the Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not NEOGOV, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Services.
Text Message and Email Communications. We may offer you the opportunity to receive text message and email notifications regarding notices, reminders, status updates, support, administrative message and disclosures, or other related human resource related notices from us or our Customers. Communications through these methods may be routed through a third-party service.
SMS messages will be sent to you strictly in accordance with your preferences, and only after you have explicitly opted in. If you change your mind at any time, and no longer wish to receive SMS messages, reply to a message with the word “OPTOUT” in all capital letters. Afterwards, should you choose to begin receiving messages again, reply with the word “OPTIN” in all capital letters.
Should you allow SMS messages sent to you by NEOGOV or NEOGOV Customers, you agree to accept such text messages on your mobile phone including messages sent by automated telephone dialing system. You certify that you are the owner of the mobile phone entered or are authorized to use this mobile phone to receive SMS.
You are responsible for all mobile carrier data or text message charges resulting from your use of the Services, including from any notifications provided by the Services. The number of messages you receive will vary depending on the number of jobs you applied to, jobs you searched for, or the number Customers you allow to contact you. You may receive a text message confirming your subscription. NEOGOV reserves the right to suspend or terminate your SMS messages for any reason, with or without notifying you.
Since these text message services depend on the functionality of third-party providers, there may be technical delays on the part of those providers. NEOGOV may make commercially reasonable efforts to provide alerts in a timely manner with accurate information, but cannot guarantee the delivery, timeliness, or accuracy of the content of any alert. NEOGOV shall not be liable for any delays, failure to deliver, or misdirected delivery of any alert; for any errors in the content of an alert; or for any actions taken or not taken by you or any third party in reliance on an alert. If your mobile number changes, you are responsible for informing the Customer of that change. NEOGOV MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO: (i) THE AVAILABILITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES FROM YOUR PROVIDER; (ii) ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES; AND (iii) ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR FAILURE TO TRANSMIT ANY DATA, COMMUNICATIONS OR SETTINGS CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES.
Copyright Infringement. Our policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Copyright-infringing materials found on the Services can be identified and removed via our process listed below, and you agree to comply with such process in the event you are involved in any claim of copyright infringement to which the DMCA may be applicable.
If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying us that your copyrighted material has been infringed. We do not and will not make any legal decisions about the validity of your claim of infringement or the possible defenses to a claim. When a clear and valid notice is received pursuant to the guidelines set forth below, we will respond by either taking down the allegedly infringing content or blocking access to it. We may contact the notice provider to request additional information. Under the DMCA, we are required to take reasonable steps to notify the user who posted the allegedly infringing content (“Alleged Infringer”). The Alleged Infringer is allowed under the law to send us a counter-notification. Notices and counter-notices are legal notices distinct from regular activities or communications through the Service. We may publish or share them with third parties in our sole discretion (in addition to producing them pursuant to a subpoena or other legal discovery request). Anyone making a false or fraudulent notice or counter-notice may be liable for damages under the DMCA, including costs and attorneys’ fees. Any person who is unsure of whether certain material infringes a copyright held by such person or a third party should contact an attorney.
To file a DMCA notice, the copyright owner must send in a written letter by regular mail only. We reserve the right to ignore a notice that is not in compliance with the DMCA, and we may, but are not obligated to, respond to a non-compliant notice.
A DMCA notice must:
- Identify specifically the copyrighted work(s) believed to have been infringed (for example, “My copyrighted work is the picture that appears at [list location where material is located].”);
- Identify the content that a copyright owner claims is infringing upon copyrighted work. The copyright owner must provide information reasonably sufficient to enable us to locate the item on the Service. The copyright owner should provide clear screenshots of the allegedly infringing materials for identification purposes only. The information provided should be as detailed as possible;
- Provide information sufficient to permit us to contact the copyright owner directly: name, street address, telephone number, and email (if available);
- If available, provide information sufficient to permit us to notify the Alleged Infringer (email address preferred);
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”;
- nclude the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”;
- Be signed; and
- Be sent to our DMCA designated agent at the following address:
Attention: DMCA Designated Agent
2120 Park Place, Suite 100
El Segundo, California 90245
Or by e-mail:
- Reliance on Information Posted. The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Changes to the Services. We may update the content on the Services from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up to date. Any of the material on the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Linking to the Services and Social Media Features. You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Additional Terms for Third-Party Services. The Services may help users to access and connect to third parties offering their services outside of the NEOGOV Services (PowerLine, PowerEngage, etc.) or third parties offering their services integrated with NEOGOV Services (i.e. background check providers and skills assessors). NEOGOV does not perform nor employ individuals to perform these services. You acknowledge that NEOGOV does not supervise, direct, control or monitor such third parties in the performance of these services
- Links and Third-Party Content on the Services. If the Services contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We do not control these services and are not responsible for their availability, content, or any malware accessed through them. Your correspondence or any other dealings with third parties found on the Services are solely between you and such third party. Accordingly, we expressly disclaim responsibility and liability for all third-party provided materials, programs, products, and services contained on or accessed through the Services, and you agree that we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Services. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites. You are advised to read all terms and conditions of any third-party service.
- NEGOV is not an employer. You acknowledge that NEOGOV exercises no control over employer human resource practices implemented using the Service or decisions as to employment, promotion, termination, or compensation of any job seeker or personnel. Employers are solely responsible for their postings on the Services. NEOGOV is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to your use of any NEOGOV Service and NEOGOV shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any entity posting jobs on any NEOGOV Service. In addition, employers are responsible for the privacy, collection, use, retention and processing of employer owned data, and providing any and all notices regarding the foregoing, in compliance with all applicable laws.
NEOGOV is not a healthcare provider. Through certain the Services, NEOGOV may make certain healthcare services available to you. NEOGOV is not a healthcare provider. NEOGOV’s role is limited to making certain telehealth related information available to you and/or facilitate your access to telemedicine, expert medical services, and/or emergency medical services. NEOGOV is independent from healthcare providers who provide telemedicine services and is not responsible for such healthcare providers’ acts, omissions or for any content or communications made by them. NEOGOV does not engage in the practice of medicine.
The Services do not provide medical advice and do not create a healthcare provider/patient relationship between you and NEOGOV or otherwise. Any Services, or content accessed from the Services, are for informational purposes only and are not intended to replace the advice of your healthcare provider. Please consult your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider if you have any questions about a medical condition. Call 911 or Your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider for all medical emergencies. NEOGOV IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER TREATMENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN THROUGH THE SERVICES.
NEOGOV’s Disclaimers. You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data
NEOGOV SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES OR OTHER CONSEQUENCES INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY AS A RESULT OF DELAY IN OR INABILITY TO DELIVER ANY SERVICES DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES OR EVENTS BEYOND NEOGOV’s REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION: (A) ACTS OF GOD; (B) CHANGES IN OR IN THE INTERPRETATION OF ANY LAW, RULE, REGULATION, OR ORDINANCE; (C) STRIKES, LOCKOUTS, OR OTHER LABOR PROBLEMS; (D) TRANSPORTATION DELAYS; (E) UNAVAILABILITY OF SUPPLIES OR MATERIALS; (F) FIRE OR EXPLOSION; (G) RIOT, MILITARY ACTION, OR USURPED POWER; OR (H) ACTIONS OR FAILURES TO ACT ON THE PART OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY
NEOGOV DOES NOT AND CANNOT CONTROL THE FLOW OF DATA TO OR FROM THE NEOGOV SERVICES AND OTHER PORTIONS OF THE INTERNET. SUCH FLOW DEPENDS IN LARGE PART ON THE PERFORMANCE OF INTERNET SERVICES PROVIDED OR CONTROLLED BY THIRD PARTIES. AT TIMES, ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES CAN IMPAIR OR DISRUPT YOUR CONNECTIONS TO THE INTERNET (OR PORTIONS THEREOF). ALTHOUGH NEOGOV WILL USE COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO TAKE ALL ACTIONS IT DEEMS APPROPRIATE TO REMEDY AND AVOID SUCH EVENTS, NEOGOV CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT SUCH EVENTS WILL NOT OCCUR. ACCORDINGLY, NEOGOV DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO SUCH EVENTS.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER NEOGOV NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH NEOGOV MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER NEOGOV NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH NEOGOV REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, NEOGOV HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL NEOGOV, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY, OR DUE TO ANY EVENT WHATSOEVER, FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY OR PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS STOPPAGE, LOSS OF DATA, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR NEOGOV KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF NEOGOV’s GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF NEOGOV, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, AND LICENSORS, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED ($100.00) U.S. DOLLARS.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Your Comments and Concerns.
This website is operated by Governmentjobs.com, Inc. with offices at 2120 Park Place, Suite 100, El Segundo, CA 90245, United States.
For further information relating to the legal issues contained in these Terms or problem reports regarding this service, please contact using the following: