Physical Therapist Assistant
Four County Health & Rehabilitation
Join us at
– a place where you’ll be valued, recognized and rewarded for the vital work you do each day. We’ll surround you with a strong team and leadership that supports every aspect of your life – both inside and outside of our centers. And you’ll get to practice your passion in a non-profit, mission-driven organization that’s known for the highest level of care in our communities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information, using problem-solving methods and accepting new ideas, criticism or advice from others.
- Supports activities as introduced by skilled nursing facility and Rehabilitation Services.
- Demonstrates superior customer service through courtesy, consistent follow-up and positive communication.
- Utilizes continuing education assistance to achieve targeted quality improvements.
- Provides ongoing collaboration with the supervising Physical Therapist, Rehabilitation Director and other disciplines to facilitate effective and efficient clinical case management.
- Maintains state of the art body of knowledge in areas of clinical expertise through seminars, professional journals, and peers.
- Effectively demonstrates safe working practices.
- Reports for scheduled work periods on time.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or as directed by the immediate supervisor or Vice President of Rehabilitation Services.
- Promotes the image and reputation of the System by exhibiting servant leadership and providing direct and open lines of communication.
- Contributes to the work of committees, workgroups, project management, and other collaborative efforts of the System.
- Performs other duties as necessary to ensure the success of the System.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to provide treatments which meet patient needs, including use of current treatment knowledge in accordance with Rehabilitation Services guidelines and Skilled Nursing Facility and/or Home Health reference guide as indicated.
- Able to demonstrate Rehabilitation Services’ inter-disciplinary approach to patient care to facilitate effective and efficient clinical case management utilizing evidenced based clinical practice.
- Able to complete clear and accurate documentation in accordance with Rehabilitation Services, regulatory, licensing, payor and accrediting requirements.
- Able to aid in building / maintaining Rehabilitation Services’ reputation by contributing as a professional member of staff while upholding the core values: Integrity, Novelty, Trust, Excellence, Goal Driven, Respect and Attitude.
- At minimum, possess an Associate’s degree in Physical Therapy.
- Possess a current, unencumbered, license to practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the state of Georgia.
- Prefer two (2) years experience in a skilled nursing facility rehabilitation environment, or equivalent.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER APPLICATION SKILLS
This job requires proficiency with the following computer applications:
Microsoft Outlook Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please see minimum qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to walk. Use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
EEO / M / F / D / V / Drug Free Workplace