RN Ortho Nights Full Time
***THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $20,000.00***
Shift:Â 7:00PM-7:00AMÂ EST
The Registered Nurse (RN) performs the functions of assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care for the assigned patients on the unit during a shift. The RN is responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice, which includes managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment on the unit, and for the promoting collaboration with all members of the health care team. The individual demonstrates personal and professional responsibility, participates in creating an atmosphere of teamwork and coordination.
- The Registered Nurse will use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- The Registered Nurse accurately assesses the needs of assigned patients using sound judgment and critical thinking and charts reflect timely comprehensive and systematic patient assessment.
- Plans of care and documentation reflect specific and measurable outcomes, education and family involvement in the case.
- Recognizes crisis situations and intervenes quickly. Interventions and responses are accurately documented.
- The Registered Nurse will demonstrate professional responsibility and accountability in collaborating with physicians and other members of the health care team to establish and achieve desired patient outcomes and promote continuity of care.
- He/she delegates work to other team members as appropriate; evaluates team and provides direct care.
- Assists with unit orientation and continuing education of students and employees, RN’s with at least 6 months experience may train and precept new employees.
- Demonstrates responsibility for maintaining current personal and mandatory competencies and annual performance evaluations, such as: attends all required programs. Meets ABN CEU requirements annually. Prepares for annual performance evaluation conference through submission of completed skills lists, education attendance documents, and self evaluation for to unit manager the month prior to evaluation date.
Experience: 1 year nursing experience preferred.
Education: Alabama Nursing or Compact/Multi-State License required.
- Current Alabama Nursing License
- BLS certificationÂ
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, excellent critical thinking and customer service.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.