Echo Tech PRN
This is a technical position to operate diagnostic ultrasound equipment and perform echocardiograms in accordance with established practices and procedures. Responsible for the safety and physical comfort of the patient. To report preliminary findings, measurements and diagnoses to the Cardiologist. To record scanned ultrasound images and transfer to PACS for interpretation after checking image quality.Â In addition to scanning, the duties include chart review, maintaining data logs as required.Â Â Sonographers are expected to provide clinical information pertinent to the exams performed for the Cardiologist.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform quality and timely routine diagnostic ultrasound studies and render accurate written summaries.
- Participate in the care of the equipment by proper usage and storage of the probes, and maintaining the cleanliness of equipment.
- Complete and close out all procedures in the computer system daily; including accurate charge capture.
- Participate in “on-call” schedule as department needs. Must respond to initial call back within 30 minutes and arrive at hospital within 45 minutes
- Prepares for exams by checking equipment, inventorying, restocking supplies, and setting up recording equipment
- Records exams by calculating measurements of the heart wall, chamber size, blood flow direction and velocity
- Accurately performs standard echocardiograms to include M-mode, 2 dimensional Doppler, and color flow studies
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: Six months of formal training that includes hands on clinical applications
Education: Graduate of School of Radiological Technology and/or an approved School for Diagnostic Ultrasound with a minimal of 6 months formal training in Echo.
Special Qualifications: Must have or be eligible for Registry in RDCS.Â Vascular registry preferred.Â Proficient in all areas of echocardiograms.Â ARDMS or CCI preferred. Registry required within 2 years. BLS required.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.