System Administrator Full Time
Shift: 8:00AM - 5:00PM ET -including on call (this is not a remote position)
The duties of a System Administrator include supporting, designing, maintaining, and evaluating computer systems along with telecommunication systems. The System Administrator installs, configures, and maintains physical and virtual servers, software, and client machines. This individual will also serve as a Help Desk representative to assist in monitoring trouble tickets.
- Administer system configurations as per the guidance and design specifications given by the IT Director.
- Install, configure, and maintain software, servers, laptops and desktop computers, virtual desktops, virtual servers, printers, pagers, phones, and company smartphones.
- Configure and troubleshoot software and hardware, application deployments, and infrastructure up-grades.
- Perform Windows domain and MS Exchange upgrades and enhancements as needed.
- Create and/or updates Group Policies as needed.
- Setup, maintain, and delete user accounts and system permissions.
- Perform regular system monitoring and security checks.
- Perform regular scans and patch vulnerabilities as needed.
- Install and upgrade systems with virus protection software and keep virus definitions and exceptions up to date.
- Apply server updates including Microsoft patches and approved 3rd party applications.
- Maintain system backups, documents, materials, and supply inventories.
- Maintain data records and filing systems with multiple backup technologies and procedures.
- Maintain technical knowledge and skills that involve system architecture, design, and troubleshooting.
- Build, document and maintain a manual, run book on all IT Systems.
- Provide a monthly report on backups and security updates.
- Add issues, requests and/or projects to JHMH ticketing system and respond/close the tickets within the JHMH IT Department SLA.
- Perform telephone system modifications as needed.
- Participate in the departmental on call rotation, returning calls within 30 minutes and performing corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide updates on weekly project report to the IT Director.
- Act as the customer support representative for IT department addressing technical issues as they arise.
- Assist and take initiative in handling issues of a non-routine nature.
- Serve as the Level 2 Help Desk Support Representative for the Hospital.
- 5+ years’ experience with administering VMware.
- 5+ years’ experience as a System Administrator.
- 3+ years of Helpdesk experience
- Associate’s Degree in an IT related field or 2 years relevant experience and/or certifications may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of basic and advanced client side and server side operating systems.
- Competence with all associated software technologies and network security components.
- CompTIA A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, MCSA, and/or VMware certifications.
- Experience with Windows domain, Active Directory, and MS Exchange
- Azure and/or AWS experience
- Experience with MS Exchange and Group Policy
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.