Medical Technologist Days PRN
Â Shift: 7:00AM - 7:00PM ET every other weekend (Saturday & Sunday)
To ensure that quality diagnostic services are provided to the patient population for health maintenance and/or improvement. Cooperate and coordinate activities with the laboratory staff, medical staff, other health care professionals, clinical affiliations, administration and other disciplines as necessary for the provision of quality patient care. Responsible for the efficient, accurate identification and technical analysis of various constituents or organisms present in the human body that may be responsible for and/or related to disease.
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test, analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Proficient in all applicable areas of testing in the departments; proficient in troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures in the department.
- Demonstrate adequate proficiency testing when required.
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures as outlined in department SOP’s.
- Review and release test results with regard to proper quality control guidelines.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Adhere to laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed.
- Follow established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist, supervisor, or lab director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Follow departmental procedure in reporting STATs or critical results to clients.
- Maintain complete records of all testing performed.
- Maintain general appearance of the laboratory department.
- Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, opened dates if applicable.
- Review/train on new procedures, keeping up to date on current and new procedures.
- Attend department and any additional training/education meetings.
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions to include but not limited to fire drills, emergency preparedness drills, disaster drill.Â Know the locations and contents of safety manuals, MSDS manuals, Emergency Disaster Kardex.
- If needed, participate in government, state, JCAHO, and any other regulatory agency inspections.
- Keep required certifications current; inform Lab Director and Human Resources of any changes or updates to certification status.
- Ensure timely completion of work by adhering to turnaround time guidelines, using pending logs as a check off of completing daily work loads.
- Be aware of inventory control and avoid over usage of supplies.
- Perform phlebotomy services as necessary.
- Assist in the training of department employees.
- Assist in implementing QAP programs and other Quality Control Improvement processes.
- Assist in inventory control when necessary.
- Assist supervisors/Lab Director in various projects as needed or as assigned.
- Participate in competency assessments during probationary period and on an annual basis.
- Serves as a general supervisor as required.
- Other duties as assigned such as performing QC in Micro, read gram-stain, set up plates and read Micro plates
Experience: One year of clinical experience preferred.
- Basic education needed for MT certification
- Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credentialing evaluation from IERF.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science or
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the Chemical, Physical, or Biological sciences, with completion of an accredited Medical Technology Internship or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MT (ASCP), MT (AMT), or MT/CLS (NCA)
- HEW Certification from Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or equivalent.
- Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Meets CLIA testing personnel requirements for High Complexity Testing.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Â