DME/Cast Technician Full Time
To assist with proper maintenance of Durable Medical Equipment supplies/orders and assist with Casting and W/C Pharmacy as necessary with patient care activities.
- Escort patients as necessary from waiting area to cast room and/or DME area for analysis of needs.
- Remove and apply casts, both fiberglass and plaster and other appliances as needed.
- Assist in fracture reductions and minor surgical procedures as well as remove sutures, staples and apply bandages.
- Knowledge of fracture care coding along with CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Stock and maintain work spaces.
- Assist with supply/DME ordering, inventory activities, receiving etc. and responsible for assisting in maintaining appropriate inventory levels at all times.
- Deliver DME products to area hospitals as needed.
- Obtaining authorization for custom braces and all DME prescribed for worker's compensation patients.
- Reviewing DME receipts to ensure billing of items on a daily basis.
- Responsible for patient care activities such as determining proper DME sizing and fitting items when needed.
- Work DME hold buckets in workflow dashboard in Athena throughout the day.
- Ensure DME orders and procedure documentation is complete prior to issuing DME.
- Assist in properly and accurately dispensing pre-packed medications to patients as directed by Physician.
- Able to obtain information from Athena on a daily basis and read Physician prescriptions as well as accurately enter patient demographics and drug information in Linear Rx system and print labels accordingly.
Experience: One-year in accredited orthopaedic specialist training program or two years prior casting experience required. Pharmacy Tech experience preferred. ExperienceÂ demonstrating competencies as described above.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.Â
- Must be able to work independently, have working knowledge of HIPAA requirements and have excellent computer skills.
- Must maintain current BLS certification
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Must have a valid drivers license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).Â
- Travel required
Prior Inventory experience and medical terminology a plus.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.