RN PACU Days Full Time
***THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $20,000.00***
Shift:Â 7:00AM-7:00PMÂ EST
The Registered Nurse (RN) performs the functions of assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care for assigned patients. The RN is responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice, which includes managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment, and for promoting collaboration with all members of the health care team.
The Registered Nurse’s role is to focus on providing postanesthesia nursing in the immediate postanesthesia period.
- Basic life-sustaining needs are of the highest priority.
- Constant vigilance is required.
Initial, ongoing, and discharge assessment and documentation components include:
- Integration of data received at transfer of care
- Airway and respiratory/ventilation status
- Cardiac and hemodynamic status
- Vital Signs
- Pain level
- Neurological function
- Sensory and motor function as appropriate
- Condition and color of skin
- Patient safety needs
- Neurovascular: peripheral pulses and sensation of extremity(ies) as applicable
- Condition of dressings and visible incisions
- Patency of drainage tubes, catheters, and IV lines
- Intake and output
- Pupillary response
- Medication management
- Surgery/procedure specific assessments
- Individualized plan of care
- Nursing actions and/or interventions with outcome
- Anticipation of any needed equipment for receiving unit, as appropriate
- Inclusion of family in physical, spiritual/emotional care of patient as indicated
- Postanesthesia aldrete scoring scale
Experience: At least 1 year of PACU nursing experience preferred.
Education: Basic education necessary for Registered Nurse licensure required.
- Current Alabama or Multi-State RNÂ license required or the ability to obtain.
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS are required. (ACLS and PALS may be obtained within the first 6 months of employment)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, excellent critical thinking and customer service required.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.