Lead Cook Full Time
Shift: Flexible as needed. Typical schedule is Monday 11:00AM - 7:30PM ET and all other days 5:00AM - 1:30PM ET. Double shift on every other Sunday with every other weekend off.
Prepares, seasons and cooks food for patients, employees and visitors.
- Monitors and correct sanitation practices to ensure that standards and regulations are followed
- Order or request food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation
- Supervise staff in the absence or unavailability of the Director or Kitchen Manager
- Arrange for equipment repairs
- Check the quantity and quality of received products
- Record production and operational data on specified forms
- Plan, direct, supervise, execute and assist in dietary operation
- Reviews menus and work orders to determine quantities of food to be prepared
- Orders food products from storeroom
- Pre-prepares special items that require attention
- Prepares and measures proper ingredients
- Coordinates cooking schedule
- Ensures that all foods are served at proper temperature
- Coordinates proper and prompt utilization of leftovers
- Cleans work areas as assigned
- Performs related duties as requested
- Attends and satisfactorily completes the mandatory education classes.
- Cooks on grill if needed.
Experience: 1-4 years hospital experience, institutional or restaurant cooking preferred.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent required.
Special Certifications:Â ServSafe Certification required or must obtain within 6 month of hire.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.