Medical Laboratory Tech (MLT) Full Time
Shift: M-F 3:00PM - 11:30PM ET
To ensure the delivery of high-quality diagnostic services are provided to the patient population for health maintenance and/or improvement. Collaborate with the laboratory and health care professionals, as well as clinical affiliations and administrative teams, to facilitate superior patient care. Responsible for the efficient, accurate identification and technical analysis of various constituents or organisms present in the human body that may be responsible for and/or related to disease.
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test, analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Demonstrate proficiency in testing and troubleshooting across relevant departments.
- Review and release test results with regard to proper quality control guidelines.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of testing, quality control activities, and instrument calibrations.
- Identify and address problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting. Escalate issue by immediately notifying the senior technologist, supervisor, or lab director when necessary.
- Document and communicate all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Participate in training sessions and stay updated on new procedures and protocols.
- Support safety training sessions and regulatory inspections when necessary.
- Maintain awareness of inventory control to prevent overuse of supplies. Conducts supply inventory as required.
- Assist in training and supervising department employees.
- Assist in implementing Quality Assurance Programs and assist with inventory control measures.
- Assist supervisors/Lab Director in various projects as required.
Experience: One year generalist experience and Micro Biology experience preferred.
Education: Associate Degree in Medical Technology from accredited college required or meets CLIA testing personnel requirements for High Complexity Testing as outlined in 42 CFR 493.1489.
- MLT certification from ASCP, AMT, AAB or equivalent required and/or meets CLIA testing personnel requirements
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedics Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.