Who We Are
Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive. We are passionate, we care about people, we perform at a superior level, and we protect others and our environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for putting production away while keeping accurate counts and checking for quality
- Check out, report, and repair anything found on your assigned forklift(s) at the beginning of the shift (checklist must be completed at the beginning of every shift)
- Load any order that is given accurately and in a timely manner
- Inspect trailer for damage, holes in floor, ceiling, sides and report any damage found to the supervisor on duty
- Clean up work area after order is completed (pickup pallets, plastic, broken wood, etc.)
- Work on any task assigned by Shift Leader(s)
- Work safely and wear all required PPE
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain off-loading of products from production line
- Inspect products for quality, proper labeling and proper package count
- Must be able to push or pull heavy carts, objects, etc.
- Must be able to work in cramped areas in cramped positions at times
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend at the waist and knees
- Must be able to twist at the waist
- Must be able to raise arms above head and perform overhead work
- Must be able to climb
- Must be able to drive a forklift or heavy equipment for extended periods of time
- Many movements may be repetitive depending on circumstances
- Work conditions are indoor/outdoor; conditions indoors and outdoors are dusty and the temperature is comparable in both environments
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job is in an industrial, manufacturing environment. The job requires working frequently around and with heavy machinery with moving mechanical parts, industrial ovens, and mobile equipment. The environment is not climate controlled and employees must be able to work in environments that may be extremely hot and humid or cold depending upon the operation and the season. Walking surfaces can be wet, dusty, and uneven. Areas of the building where work must be done have high noise levels, vibration, and/or fumes. Some working areas contain the presence of airborne particles which can irritate the skin or eyes. The manufacturing process involves toxic or caustic chemicals. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment which includes steel toed shoes, ear protection, eye protection and in certain areas may be required to where dust masks, respirators, gloves or head protection.
Please Keep in Mind
If you do not meet 100% of these requirements, we at JM want to hear from you. So, if you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply so we can learn how your skills and talents can contribute to our team.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities. Our D&I council is composed of employees from locations across North American & Europe who meet regularly and work to promote and foster an environment of inclusion. Born from our D&I council is our network of employee resource groups (ERGs) that are focused on supporting diverse communities in the workplace. Review more about our diversity & inclusion initiatives on JM’s Career page.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.