Supervisor II, Supply Chain
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
The position is responsible for oversight of all Supply Chain functions for the particular organization. Supply Chain functions include material planning, forecasting and replenishment, execution of orders to meet required deadlines, oversight of warehousing facilities and material replenishment levels, physical and system receipt, and confirmation of material shipments. Responsible for management of the local fleet operations including ensuring the safe condition of the fleet and recommendations for fleet replenishment and purchase. Responsible for supervision of the overall facilities condition and subcontractors including oversight building and yard maintenance and any facility related capital projects.
- Perform Regular Walkthroughs of Warehouse to facilitate reorder of materials required for system maintenance and construction.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to forecast and order materials required to support Capital programs
- Execute reorders with suppliers for material needs and requirements
- Supervise personnel in performing the performance of materials management and warehouse activities including receipt, counting, material issues and put away.
- Perform physical receipt and put away of materials within warehouse utilizing materials handling equipment (forklift) in a safe manner.
- Perform and investigate material variances.
- Process system receipts of orders and packing slips to facilitate payment
- Issue materials to jobs to meet construction needs and schedules
- Maintain a clean and safe warehouse environment
- Facilitate the creation of PO’s for materials and services needed in support of operations
- Perform sourcing efforts in the event of a potential shortage or stockout to meet project deadlines.
- Review delivery schedules and expedite purchasing requests from suppliers
- Troubleshoot and resolve ordering/shipping/invoicing issues
- Ensure hired contractors are incompliance with ISNetworld and Insurance requirements.
- Coordinate supplier onboarding and setup in system.
- Processing of all mail including invoices, certificates of insurance and general correspondence with the operation.
- Manage the safe operation of the fleet and equipment (vehicles, backhoes, compressors, trailers)
- Authorize repairs and make decisions on major repairs to equipment.
- Prioritize vehicle replacement with operations and execute orders as needed
- Maintain vehicle database (Element) with vehicle, driver and ancillary equipment information.
- Coordinate vehicle registration/inspection/recalls/repairs with drivers and DMV and suppliers as required
- Request new and replacement Fuel and Maintenance cards from provider
- Execute and coordinate installation of safety required equipment
- Obtain and coordinate installation of ancillary equipment including GPS tracking and toll payment devices
- Responsible for DOT Compliance records, highway use tax filings registrations and IFTA reporting.
- Responsible for managing fuel storage, maintenance of fuel records, at in house fueling stations and card issuance at fuel stations.
- Secure and coordinate the proper services and safe environment required for 2 facility locations including HVAC, Electrical, plumbing, security, gate operation, landscaping, sweeping, janitorial needs.
- Manage capital building projects including coordination and oversight of sub- contractor activity in accordance with company O&M and safety protocols.
- Coordinate and oversee annual inspections and compliance of facilities related equipment including but not limited to backup generators, handling equipment (cranes, forklift), fire systems and extinguishers.
- Perform quarterly inspections of fuel dispensing (CNG) equipment and reporting.
- Obtain appropriate business licenses and building permits for any facility operations
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
3 to 5 years of experience
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
What we offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.