Service Desk Manager
NetImpact Strategies, Inc.
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
NetImpact Strategies is seeking a Service Desk Manager to join our talent IT team for a new engagement with a Federal Agency. This person will supervise daily Service Desk operations and tasks, support the continual development of the Service Desk function, and assist with issue troubleshooting and escalation. This role is always staffed onsite during Service Desk operating hours. This position is responsible for the interaction and engagement with the Service Desk Manager federal lead and COR (when necessary).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting a service-oriented culture within the Service Desk
- Managing Service Desk personnel in the performance of daily responsibilities
- Maintaining the SOPs used within the Service Desk
- Managing Service Desk ticket workflow
- Coordinating changes with incident and problem management processes
- Defining and implementing new or improved operating practices
- Providing resource capacity management to ensure the sufficient personnel are available to meet defined service levels
- Addressing areas where Service Desk service level targets have not been met
- Delivering management level reporting
- Managing the Service Desk incident process, including queue management, problem management, ticket life cycle management, ticket closure, root cause, trending, knowledge management
- Ensuring efficient flow of tickets through Service Desk Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Producing management information, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reports, and performing trend analysis
- Tracking incidents escalated by the service desk to other queue owners and monitoring for closure / coordinate activities between multiple support groups to ensure Service Desk incidents are resolved.
- Demonstrated experience managing Service Desk operations and supervising personnel
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with managing enterprise service desks
- Significant experience trouble shooting and resolving Service Desk issues
- Significant experience troubleshooting and resolving Service Desk issues
- Demonstrated excellence in performing Incident and Problem Management
- Demonstrated experience developing and utilizing ACD reports to provide metrics reporting in support of Continuous Service Improvement of Service Desk operations and support
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow software or similar software, including the ability to create ad hoc reports, manage work/ticket queues, and workflow automation
- ITIL Foundation certification V4
- HDI Support Center Manager certification.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.