Hardware Asset Manager
NetImpact Strategies is seeking a Hardware Asset Manager to join our talent IT team for a new engagement with a Federal Agency. This person will be responsible for receiving, managing, and tracking all agency IT hardware assets. Provides daily and long-term management of technology-related hardware. This includes planning, monitoring, recording, and tracking hardware assets and consumables to ensure compliance with available hardware standards, service agreements, and warranties. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Hardware Asset Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking IT Hardware assets. This position is responsible for the interaction and engagement with the Asset Management federal lead and COR (when necessary).
- Developing and maintaining well documented policies, standards, processes, controls, and workflows that enable hardware asset management throughout all stages of the hardware lifecycle
- Entering and maintaining information on hardware assets and consumables into the approved asset tracking system to address budgeting, inventory, contracts (maintenance and service agreements), and cost
- Assisting in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain information
- Tracking issued IT assets and deployable inventory through the entire asset lifecycle
- Maintaining records for hardware, warranties, and service agreements
- Managing hardware inventories of multiple locations and remote users based on the approved inventory schedule
- Assisting with the implementation, management and use of hardware discovery processes and procedures to aid in accurately tracking hardware deployed at the Bureau
- Working with Configuration Management, Change Management and the ServiceNow teams to utilize discovery and normalization to track hardware at the Bureau and
- Providing recommendations for improvements that will aid in effectively and efficiently managing hardware assets throughout the enterprise.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience with IT hardware procurement, purchasing and/or asset management
- Strong knowledge of software/hardware asset life cycle management processes planning, acquisition, deployment, monitoring, and disposal
- Strong knowledge utilizing and/or implementing asset management tools, including automated discovery configuration
- Desired-CITAM: Certified IT Asset Manager or CHAMP: Certified Hardware Asset Manager
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance