Pay Grade: OPER
Applicants must satisfy job qualifications including work authorization, residence and/or language skills for the country in which the job is located unless Company-sponsorship is specifically stated as available.
Stepan is seeking a Chemical Operator to join our team in Columbus, Georgia. In this role, you will report to the Production Superintendent.
- All phases of production in a chemical manufacturing environment, including inventory or raw materials, blending procedure, SAP entry, housekeeping, and safe operations
- The position requires the employee to work 12 hour rotating shifts. Six weeks on days and six weeks on night.
- In addition, the successful candidate will start at the basic level of operations as a chemical operator and can progress based on skill set and ability to performs the different levels of the chemical operator position.
- 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably in the Chemical industry.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts and work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Self-motivated and requires minimal supervision to complete their responsibilities.
- Experience in manufacturing environment or chemical industry is preferred.
Education: HS Degree or Equivalent.
Stepan Company does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third-party representing job seekers.
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 22 global manufacturing locations and over 2,500 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.