Trust Trader & Invest Spec I
Execute trading and analytical functions in a high-volume environment within Synovus Trust Corporation. All trading and analytical duties shall be completed in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures. Provide quality service to the internal clients of Synovus Trust: The Family Office, Institutional Trust, Personal Trust and Executive Leadership. Has a thorough knowledge of department functions including trading, security classification, internal reporting, and ongoing projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trade Execution - Build a strong working relationship with the broker-dealer community. Rebalance client portfolios to the desired target investment allocations. Assist and conduct block trades. Assist with accurate execution trades across client accounts. Trades will consist of varies asset classes such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other unique assets. Research and resolve trade related issues in a timely manner. Communicate current market conditions and economic activity to Portfolio Managers on a daily basis. This job function entails a high level of risk and attention to detail is of the utmost importance. Follow risk management procedure improvements to support risk management and risk monitoring during trading hours. Develop contingency plans to ensure trading operations minimize the risk of business interruption.
- Investment Reporting - Assist with execution of month end and quarter end reporting. Participate in the preparation and analysis of monthly reports for assigned line of business and affiliates. Analyzes data to make proactive recommendations/solutions to drive and enhance department performance. Document, evaluate and improve design of reports and processes to ensure that analytical tools evolve as the business changes. Partners with business line leaders to further analyze data and develop recommendations for improvement. Develop recommendations and action plans to support growth and eliminate manual input.
- Portfolio/Benchmark Maintenance - Closely monitors investment portfolios for cash, maturities, and settlements to ensure that funds are available to clients and that portfolios are within policy. Under close supervision reviews clients' security holdings and daily transaction activity. Updates relevant portfolio and benchmark information in TrustDesk and InvestEdge.
- Data Analytics - Develop knowledge to utilize investment tools such as Bloomberg to provide data analytics for Trust Portfolio Managers as well as the Fixed Income and Manager Selection Committees. Analytics range across asset classes such as Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, Equities and ETFs for over 4,000 STC holdings. Improved quality of risk management and automation of time-consuming tasks.
- Project Management - Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time and within scope. Assist with all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project. Projects when implemented will help reduce the amount of risk associated with manual processes, increase efficiency and help team members further develop their skill sets.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- 0-3 years experience in a related industry
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge in TrustDesk, Thomson One, InvestEdge, Bloomberg, Wilshire, Morningstar Advisor Workstation, BondPoint & Microsoft products.
- Basic knowledge of financial markets and portfolio management.
- Ability to train other staff and work well in a team environment with little supervision.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Self-motivated and self-directed, effectively manage and coordinate multiple projects and task under strict deadlines.
- A collaborative work style and positive attitude.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field strongly preferred. Previous job experience in the Trust or Asset Management industry preferred.