Performs a variety of clerical accounting activities such as preparing invoices, reviewing statements, and processing vouchers for payment. Ensures timely and accurate processing. Responds to questions from vendors, team members and business units about invoices and expenses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, records, verifies, analyzes and reports accounts payable/accounts receivable transactions.
- Reconciles bills, checks balances, follows up on discrepancies, and maintains vendor files and communicates with vendors.
- Maintains paperless files and folders per data entry procedures and indexes scanned invoice images.
- Assigns transaction codes to documents; ensures documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period.
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness, and arithmetic accuracy of account documents and makes adjustments.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
High school diploma or equivalent.
1 year of job related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Organized with strong sense of priority, commitment to deadlines and detailed oriented
- Ability to act with integrity, honesty, and professionalism at all times
- Strong customer service skills
- Team oriented
- Ability to adapt to change and work flow fluctuations
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Associate's degree
- Accounts payable or related accounting experience
- Good listening and speaking skills
- Problem resolution skills to analyze vendor issues and formulate effective solutions