Total System Services
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
This role is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the performance of systems and applications to ensure operational stability. Collaborates with technical and business support teams to resolve technical events and incidents, ensuring prompt and complete restoration. Uses SOPs to engage support while documenting, communicating, and coordinating resolution of impacting incidents.
***Position Hours: 8:00am - 8:00pm weekly on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday including one Saturday a month (Saturday to be determined monthly)***
What Part Will You Play?
Monitors the performance of systems, applications, and network infrastructure
Performs problem determination and coordinates investigations and corrective actions as needed.
Leads and facilitates meetings during active incidents with focus on service restoration, while providing updates and regular communication to internal customers.
Assists with the creation of business metric reports, that are used to determine processing performance, across mainframe and distributed environments.
Provides feedback to help ensure monitoring tools and alerts are contributing to improved operational performance and application stability.
Focuses on key performance indicators (KPIs) and identifies opportunities for improvement.
Responsible for ticket creation and escalation to support teams when critical issues require technical engagement.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Business related study; relevant experience in lieu of education
- Prior experience in one of the following is desired: Information Technology, Banking or Financial industry, IT Operations, Network Command Center, Project and/or Incident Management
IT Operations experience
Mainframe/distributed experience - Ability to understand concepts of mainframe and/or distributed work and processes tied to them.
Knowledge of Application/Productivity software such as SQL and DB2 and/or prior network experience.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
- Multi tasking - Ability to multi task and adapt to several projects at time.
- Mainframe/distributed experience - Ability to understand concepts of mainframe and/or distributed work and processes tied to them.
- Application/Productivity software - Advanced knowledge of software such as Microsoft suite, SQL, DB2 etc.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.