Manual Operator Lead
Total System Services
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
B- Shift (Monday-Friday 6pm-3am)
Summary of This Role
Using both machine and manual procedures may receive, separate, process, pack and/or deliver in process work or completed work in a zero defect environment. Utilizes multiple data bases to record and track work, including verifying addresses worldwide, printing labels, verifying proper contents, issuing product, and documents work status. Identifies errors, returns, or exceptions and handles according to client specifications. Is the last point of verification to insure accurate output of client information.
What Part Will You Play?
- Identifies and gathers required collaterals (e.g. inserts, forms, letters, card carriers, envelopes, labels, etc.) for assigned production job order; organizes according to priority and order of work to provide for efficient workflow and assembly. Verifies amount/type of collateral against job order and delivers for change of control to production. Verifies collateral inventory and orders additional collateral for other Manual Operators processing the same type of job order(s).
- Initiates start-up and operation process for machine production (e.g. printing shipping labels, attaching cards to card carriers, sealing envelopes, etc.) of one-off or specialized requirements specified by the client and not ordinarily covered under Machine Operator duties. Notifies leadership of any production irregularities and tracks machine and operator efficiency in the department.
- Reviews work within the work area, determines appropriate processing order, and performs manual pre-work or specialty processes that are completed prior to automated/machine production (e.g. separating, packing, counting, loading, affixing labels, and scanning or issuing collaterals such as cards within a specific area of card processing, card shop, card vault, express mail, mail sort or specialty departments). May assign jobs to other team members in their area.
- Records status of work in progress into multiple proprietary databases for sensitive item accountability and review of own level of compliance with applicable Service Level Agreements (SLA), taking proactive measures to avoid non-compliance and alerting leadership as necessary. Inspects 100% of manual work processed in a zero defect environment. Validates quality of other team members' work.
- Reconciles collaterals between completed, work in progress, and collateral inventory to ensure sensitive item accountability. Serves as last touch point and quality review for outgoing finished products and may review quality of others' work.
- Assists supervisor with on the job training of new team members and research of production and/or quality issues. Makes recommendations for process improvement when requested.
- Mentors others and operates various software systems used to track, review, access, and invoice clients for reimbursable work (e.g. labeling, postage, delivery, etc.); customizes job orders by selecting various options for invoicing. Occasionally requires some communication with clients to resolve shipping/delivery issues.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically Minimum 6+ Years Relevant Exp
- Demonstrated experience in production or office environment where accuracy and accountability are essential
- None Identified
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways. Ensures tasks of team are competed in a timely manner.
- Job Complexity - Consistently works on complex assignments requiring some independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures. Oversees a team and coordinates daily work covering multiple assignments.
- Supervision - Determine methods and procedures on new assignments with some independence. Often acts as a facilitator for group. Is formal team leader.
- Attention to detail - Accurate, quick, and repetitive visual focus of numbers/names/places for organizing and processing work
The position listed in this requisition is ineligible for the referral bonus award program.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.