Assistant Accountant II
Total System Services
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Performs a broad range of accounting functions with responsibility for accounting records in a small office or organization department. Assigns transaction codes to documents. Ensures documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period. Posts, balances, and closes subsidiary ledgers. Follows up on delinquent accounts receivable customers. Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness, and accuracy of account documents and makes adjustments.
What Part Will You Play?
- Assists in a variety of routine accounting functions supporting the accounting department to include entering payment data, preparing invoices, and posting debit/credit wire transactions. Performs the initial review and verification of accounting documents or records, and daily/monthly balancing/reconciliations of accounting records/transactions, containing moderate calculations. Assists in correcting rejections and accounting errors in accordance with given instructions. Participates in the invoice review process validating pricing and pricing rules for accuracy, based upon contracts or renewal agreements.
- Functions as a first point of contact for internal clients, external clients, or vendors for routine to moderately complex accounting questions and inquiries. Researches issues or complaints for client/customer disputes.
- Updates and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (i.e. disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using legacy computer programs. Compiles, analyzes, and prepares data for a variety of routine to moderately complex reports to be reviewed by more experienced associates or management. Reviews supporting documentation retained for audit purposes.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Accounting, Finance, Accounts Payable, Billing, or related experience
- Associate's Degree
- Accounting, Finance, or related degree or certificate
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to moderately difficult, requiring some decision in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- MS Dynamics - Key in entries into General Ledger
- MS Office - Key entries
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.