WC Bradley Company
Performs maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, and other physical structures in accordance with SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements, manufacturer's specifications and safety policies. Paints structures, drywall and plaster, performs masonry work, and repairs plumbing fixtures and woodwork. Makes repairs to tools and equipment. Maintains and installs electrical systems and fixtures. Measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit. Uses hand and power tools. Ensures tools and equipment are maintained and repaired. Assists higher-level technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish priorities to minimize lost production time caused by equipment failures
- Maintain warehouse and/or production equipment
- Trouble shoot mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and control systems.
- Make repairs as required to minimize lost production time
- Perform preventive maintenance as required
- Weld and fabricate as required
- Keep work area clean and uphold safety standards
- Other Duties as assigned
- High school diploma, or equivalent, and post-secondary education or certification in related field
- 1-3 years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in the areas of HVAC, geo-thermal systems, plumbing, carpentry, lighting, fire suppression systems, elevator systems and general repair and maintenance
- Must be able to prioritize work for self and others
- Must be able to handle multiple duties and projects efficiently
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time with frequent bending, stooping, and reaching hands and arms above head throughout the day
- Available for weekend and night duty on a rotating basis
- Ability to communicate with tenants and vendors in a professional and courteous manner
- Facility Maintenance and Coordination
- Schematic Reading
- Troubleshooting regarding the repair of various types of industrial equipment and machinery to include hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical desirable.
- Fabrication – Carpentry, Welding, Masonry
- Basic technical math including algebra, trigonometry, and shop formulas
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance and up to 75 pounds with assistance
- Must be able to perform work capabilities at height levels of six feet and higher with the use of proper ladders or designated equipment
- Must be able to work at various heights and in tight or enclosed spaces
For employment within the United States, the W.C. Bradley Co. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
The W.C. Bradley Co. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with the W.C. Bradley Co. and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 706.571.6080 or visit us at 1017 Front Avenue, Columbus, GA 31902.