Identity & Access Management (IAM) Security Advisor
Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Anticipated End Date:2024-03-15
Position Title:Identity & Access Management (IAM) Security Advisor
Identity & Access Management (IAM) Security Advisor
Location: Wallingford, CT, Wilmington, DE, Miami, FL, Atlanta, GA, Des Moines, IA, Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, Louisville, KY, Cary, NC, Cincinnati, OH, Nashville, TN, Houston, TX, or Richmond, VA (preferred). Alternate locations will be considered. This position will work in a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) Security Advisor maintains enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls. The IAM Security Advisor role is a technical position that will support the development of security strategies and architecture vision as it relates to our access management initiatives, specifically setting the direction for IAM as it relates to on-prem and cloud. Ensures security solutions involving the use of technologies are well-conceived, designed, and implemented in compliance with enterprise standards.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop effective architecture solutions that not only satisfy immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent, reusable, reliable, and phased architecture to help the business grow and change while aligning to strategic vision.
- Create, maintain, and align the company’s Information Security policies and standards with industry best practices and business needs in the adoption of cloud services and technologies.
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems; develops solutions and recommendations for issues caused by process challenges, emerging threats, and technology changes.
- Leads or plans implementations for access management and network security technologies.
- Develops testing plans to ensure the quality of implementation; deliver technical security configuration architecture expertise in implementing cross-organizational information sharing.
- Leads the investigation and reporting of data security events and incidents.
- Provides system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies; participates in Identity and Access Management enterprise governance processes and drives IAM standards adoption.
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards, and technologies.
- Review and management of technical security roadmaps related to cloud security and IAM within a cloud security context.
- Represents major upgrades and business system replacements in change control.
- Recommends changes and updates to strategy; drive the adoption of creative solutions to address complex, global IAM problems.
- Manage the successful technical delivery of Information Security projects and services for our customers by working directly with key business stakeholders, executives, and project teams.
- Designs & engineers technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards; drives the adoption of Authentication and Authorization reference architectures for existing, new, and emerging IAM technologies.
- Develops support procedures and performance metrics reports.
- Leads level 1 & 2 incident recoveries and may organize the efforts of other analysts as part of incident recovery.
- Leads root cause analysis efforts.
Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 4 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets:
Access Control, Application Security, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning, Cryptography, Information Security and Risk Management, Legal / Regulations, Compliance & Investigations, Operations Security, Physical (Environmental) Security, Security Architecture & Design, Telecommunications & Network Security
- Requires BS/BA degree in Information Technology or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in systems support, system administration, system engineering, system security, access management, network security, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, and/or data;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience in planning and designing highly complex systems.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience with multiple technical and business disciplines strongly preferred.
- Security Certifications: CISSP or other technical security certifications (e.g., Systems Security Certified Practitioner, Certification and Accreditation Professional) strongly preferred.
- Intimately familiar with IAM-related protocols such as SAML, WS-Federation, OpenID, and OAuth.
- Federation concepts and technologies particularly with solutions from Okta, SiteMinder, and Ping Identity.
- Strong experience with Directories, SSO, Federation, Delegated administration, API gateways, and SOA services.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design, and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Experience in Cloud Authentication and Access Management Services.
- Experience in cloud solution development with Azure, AWS, Google, or other relevant cloud solution architectures.
- Good understanding of multi-factor authentication and Privileged Access Management.
- Working knowledge and understanding of networking technologies such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls etc.
- Experience architecting IAM solutions within on-premise environments and other cloud providers, preferably (Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)).
Job Level:Non-Management Exempt
Workshift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Job Family:IFT > IT Security & Compliance
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.