Audit & Reimbursement Sr- Medicare Cost Report Appeals
Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Anticipated End Date:2024-02-15
Position Title:Audit & Reimbursement Sr- Medicare Cost Report Appeals
Audit & Reimbursement Senior- Medicare Cost Report Appeals
This is a virtual position, the ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
National Government Services is a proud member of Elevance Health’s family of brands. We administer government contracts for Medicare and partner with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to transform federal health programs.
The Audit and Reimbursement Senior will support our Medicare Administrative Contract (MAC) with the federal government (The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) division of the Department of Health and Human Services). The Audit and Reimbursement Senior will support contractual workload involving complex Medicare cost reports and Medicare Part A reimbursement. This position provides a valuable opportunity to gain advanced experience in auditing and financial analysis within a growing healthcare industry. This position allows for educational opportunities leading to certifications and promotes a well-balanced lifestyle that includes professional networking opportunities.
How you will make an impact:
- Evaluate the work performed by other associates to ensure accurate reimbursement to providers.
- Assist Audit and Reimbursement Leads and Managers in training, and development of other associates.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Able to work independently on assignments and under minimal guidance from the manager.
- Prepare detailed work papers and present findings in accordance with Government Auditing Standards (GAS) and CMS requirements.
- Analyze and interpret data with recommendations based on judgment and experience.
- Must be able to perform all duties of lower-level positions as directed by management.
- Participate in development and maintenance of Audit & Reimbursement standard operating procedures.
- Participate in workgroup initiatives to enhance quality, efficiency, and training.
- Participate in all team meetings, staff meetings, and training sessions.
- Assist in mentoring less experienced associates as assigned.
- Prepare and perform supervisory review of cost report desk reviews and audits.
- Perform supervisory review of workload involving complex areas of Medicare part A reimbursement such as Medicare DSH, Bad Debts, Medical Education, Nursing and Allied Health, Organ Acquisition, Wage Index and all cost-based principles.
- Prepare and perform supervisory review of cost report reopenings.
- Manage caseload of Medicare cost report Appeals:
- Position papers
- Jurisdictional Reviews
- PRRB Hearings
- Administrative Resolutions
- PRRB or CMS requests
- Monitor all communications related to caseload
- Maintaining accurate records by updating all logs, case files, tracking systems
- Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 8 years of audit/reimbursement or related Medicare experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- This position is part of our NGS (National Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
- Accounting degree preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS program regulations and cost report format preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS computer systems and Microsoft Office Word and Excel strongly preferred.
- Must obtain Continuing Education Training requirements.
- MBA, CPA, CIA or CFE preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel may be required.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $73,520 to $132,336
Locations: California; Colorado; Hawaii; Nevada; New York; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Job Level:Non-Management Exempt
Workshift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Job Family:AFA > Audit, Comp & Risk
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.